Chapter Five

I wake up in both of their arms. I can smell something cooking in the kitchen.

"John, Jordan," I whisper. "Wake up please." I feel John let go of me. He rubs his eyes before making eye contact with me.

"Morning."

"Good morning John." I put my hand on his face. He's still super tired. I give him a kiss on the cheek. His eyes go wide. "I thought that would wake you up." Jordan gets up too. "Morning Jordan." I also give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning lovely," he whispers. I take both of their hands, leading them both into the kitchen. I see Clark cooking.

"Morning Clark."

"Good morning Vivian, you seem to be a lot better."

"I am and it's all thanks to your boys." I let go of their hands as we sit at the table. Clark sets down a plate full of food. John and Jordan take a bit of food. I just stare at it.

"Aren't you hungry?" Jordan asks.

"No not really." I finally look at my phone. Messages from Rianna and Emma from two days ago appear. They were wondering what happened. They didn't see me get taken away from Joker, not many people did. I send them a message saying I lost my phone and finally found it. I take a couple of bites of food before turning to the twins. "How about we go somewhere."

"Where?" John asks.

"Where do the two of you want to go?" I ask.

"How about the beach? We haven't been there in forever and it's not that far away," says Jordan.

An Hour Later

Since Lois was out, Clark decided to drop us off. He parks the car in the parking lot and turns towards the three of us.

"I'll be around here, I'm just going to the stores. All of you stay safe. I'm trusting Vivian to watch the two of you," Clark says making eye contact with me.

"Why does she have to watch us?" John groans.

"Because she has powers. She can protect the two of you. It's a private beach anyways so no one will see either of you." I unbuckle my seat belt and exit the car. John and Jordan follow behind me. I walk out to the sand, feeling instant relief. It has been a stressful, crazy time. I run down to the ocean. The water comes up to my feet. It's freezing. I sit down on the wet sad as the water comes back to me. I turn my head to see Jordan and John coming up. John walks into the water. Jordan stands next to me, he kneels down next to me.

"Are you just going to sit here?"

"Yeah probably," I say as I move my right hand on the sand, watching it. His right hand comes to my face. His thumb lifts up my face to meet his.

"You should come into the water." He lets go of my face.

"Okay but we're not going that far out. Remember I have to watch the two of you." Jordan gets up. I get up as well. He takes my hand covered in sand with his. He runs to the water and I follow him. The two of us walk where John is. The water is up to our waists. I get splashed by John. I spit out a bit of sea water and then splash him back. Jordan comes from behind me, wrapping his arms around me as John splashes. "Hey! Don't team up!" I squirm in Jordan's arms. I feel myself float as I lift my legs up, splashing the three of us. Jordan lets go of me. I walk out of the ocean. I just stand there watching the sun start to set and the boys in the water. John walks out of the water and joins me.

"It's beautiful."

"Definitely." The waves start to get more intense. I see a big wave hit Jordan, sending him under the water. "Shit Jordan!" I dive into the water. Immediately finding Jordan. I pull him out of the water. I carry him back out to land. Jordan seems to be fine. I lay him down on the sand. John comes over to us with a panicked look in his face.

"I'm fine," Jordan says. He gets back up giving the two of us weird glares. "I could have saved myself you know."

"Yeah well Clark said to be extra careful-"

"It's not your job to protect me!"

"Jordan, calm down," John threatens. I know Jordan, he'll say something he'll regret later.

"No it's okay John. Jordan does this. You and I both know." Jordan turns around to face me.

"Lets just go," Jordan mumbles. What's his problem?

___

The three of us sit in silence as Clark drives us back to home. I put my head on John's shoulder as I fall asleep. I don't get what's wrong with Jordan. He has been so closed off lately.