Fragment 27

27
Instagram caption

It wasn't too long when the emcee started announcing the onset of the program. Apparently, Octavian was the only one missing to complete the puzzle. Kanina pa pala siya hinihintay at hinahanap nina Dominic kaya hindi pa nagsisimula ang program.

When I finally found Caitlyn among the sea of students, she instantly filled me up with the information. Panay din pala ang text at tawag niya sa akin pero hindi ko ito napansin dahil na sa silent mode ang cellphone ko nang inilagay ko siya sa aking bag.

"I tried texting and calling you," she scooted nearer for me to hear her because the noise around is already disrupting the communication. "Malay ko lang naman na baka kasama mo si Octavian...tapos kasama mo nga talaga!"

"Coincidentally," I cleared.

"Not buying it! Dominic messaged the group chat too," she puffed showing me her phone, smiling widely.

Pinasadahan ko naman ito ng tingin at nakita ngang medyo matagal nang nagsabi si Octavian na papunta na siya sa gym kay Dominic.

Uminit naman ang mukha ko nang may naisip. But that is too absurd, but it's only the befitting reason as of the moment. I guess it's just normal - he risked being late just to accompany me on my way back to the gym.

Hindi ko na pinansin ang tahimik na pang-aasar ni Caitlyn sa aking tabi at sinubukang makinig na lamang sa nagsasalitang emcee. The studen-emcee is currently introducing the band and everybody is up on their feet, bluntly gushing their admiration toward Apollo 1997.

Lumabas ang apat mula sa backstage na natatawa at nag-aasaran. Dominic's throwing banters at Octavian and he's slightly ignoring him jokingly, while Alfred's casually talking to Lucifer. May kalayuan ang pwesto namin ni Caitlyn dahil pinili niya ang upuan na malapit sa hagdan, pero kitang-kita ko pa rin sila mula sa aking pwesto.

Octavian's shirt is now changed. He's currently wearing a maroon shirt with a large SEA design on the chest part, with an embossed and faded floor plan behind the letters that occupy mostly of the t-shirt's front. Ito ang t-shirt ng School of Engineering and Architecture (SEA) at parehas din ito ng suot namin ni Caitlyn. Lucifer's also wearing the same shirt.

Dominic's wearing the Business Ad's design too, and Alfred's sporting the School of Nursing's t-shirt.

The four of them really are spitting the intramurals competition because they chose to wear the t-shirts of their respective departments.

The opening finally started and by the end of if, they were able to sing 2 songs.

Kinuha ko ang phone ko at zi-noom ito nang sakto lamang para kuhanan sila ng litrato. It was during the middle of their performance - the photo shows Octavian singing with his eyes closed. His stance looked so peaceful and serene, with a background drop of danger and intensity.

He has always been like that - danger and cigarette coated with soft and sugar emblem.

My heart warmed just by watching them sing and play. I haven't really asked them completely about their future plan on the band they formed. Sabi nila, they just want to enjoy their last year as college students because they are all graduating this school year.

The future surely has a lot in store for them - but it's all uncertain. Sooner or later, they'd be parting ways and facing the paths they chose to be projected in.

Napagdesisyunan kong i-post ang picture sa Instagram para magkaroon na din ng bagong laman ang account ko dahil medyo matagal na simula noong huli akong nag-update.