52. Just The Beginning

Enjoy!
***
The boats bob up and down in the harbour, as I watch as Legolas hugs Frodo, as the other hobbits cry.

He looks very pale, but somewhat at peace as the sun slowly starts to make its descent behind the sea.

I watch as Gandalf takes old Bilbo's hand, and they board the ship. I watch as Sam clings onto Frodo, as they hug one last time.

"They will be safer there." A voice says, and I jump a mile. I turn and see Lady Galadriel standing next to me.

"My Lady, you made me jump." I say, bowing slightly. She smiles at me, and places a hand over my shoulder.

"I remember when you visited my Kingdom, I knew you would do amazing things. You haven't disappointed." She says, as I nod.

"Thank you, but I don't do any of those things to be thought of as a hero." I say, glancing as Sam and Frodo break away, tears staining Sam's face.

"I do it because I care about people, and I can't stand my loved ones to live in a cruel world." I say, and she smiled down at me.

"That's exactly what makes you a hero. Your brave, and kind and wise, yet you would give everything away for the ones you love." She says, and I nod again, her gaze lingering on me.

"I must go now, Lady Erynriel. You will keep Middle Earth safe from harm, I know you will." She says, before placing something in the palm of my hand, and closing my fingers.

"Goodbye, Lady Erynriel." She said, as she walked away, taking Frodo's hand as she did so. I looked at what the had placed in my hand, and my eyes welled with tears.

It was a beautiful pearl like stone, with words etched into it.

Duathiell, whatever happens to me remember the days we had together, and go out and live those days again.
Your father.

It was a gift my father had had made when darkness arose in Middle Earth, so that I would always remember the good times and not the bad. Tears slipped over my cheeks.

Galadriel and everyone else had boarded the boat, so I waved at them, and smiled at Galadriel. She waved, as the boat slowly disappeared from view.

Legolas came over to me, his face sad.

"They're gone Erynriel." He said, and my heart fell at seeing him so low. I lifted his head up, and looked into his eyes.

"They may be gone, but you still have so much left." I said, and he smiled slightly, and leant in and kisses me gently.

By now, we were the only ones stood at the harbour, and the sea glimmered in the sunset light. I breathed in deeply, and remembered everything that had happened.

Escaping Isengard, finding Legolas, Celeglim dying, dancing with Legolas, finding my brother and my mother, seeing my mother die for me, Imilda's death and thus returning to where I started, except being married to the love of my life.

"It's over, the adventure I mean." He said, as he breathed out.

"No, one adventure is. There are still many more to come." I say, as I rest my head on his chest, as we watch the sea pull in and out onto the shore.

"Well, what now?" He says, looking down at me. I smile, and lean up and kiss him gently. Breaking away, I look at him, and think how much I love him.

"Well now, me and you can go on another adventure. The adventure of our lives, we can write the story about Erynriel and Legolas, and you know what?" I say almost proudly.

"What?" He smiles, as I hug him tighter.

"It'll be the best story ever."

***
LA FIN!!

It's finished! Ahhheee that was the last story chapter of "in one day, I promise."!!

Aww lawddyyyy lawwdd, I enjoyed writing this so much, although I might cry about the fact that it's over :(

You've all been amazingly brilliant readers, I couldn't ask for better ones!!!

Thank you for reading!

\\Sequel is now started and published! Please check it out, it's called 'Forest Princess'//

~Am xx