▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

⌜                               ⌝

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

⌞                               ⌟

          ARTEMIS was kneeling in front of Cody as Din took off

ARTEMIS was kneeling in front of Cody as Din took off. They had put the kid in his compartment to sleep after they entered the ship. Cody was still bleeding pretty hard and she quickly grabbed the first aid kit.

"Can you remove your shirt?" Artemis asked, getting the compresses and bandages she would need.

Cody grimaced as he pulled his shirt up. Artemis helped him to get it over his head. She tried to ignore the fact that she could count every rib and focused herself on the blaster wound.

"Hold this," she said, placing his hand on the compress that she had put over his wound. "I'll go and ask Din to insert to coordinates for Chandrila."

"Chandrila?" Cody questioned, as Artemis made her way over towards the ladder. "What are we going to do in Chandrila?"

"Visit some old friends I haven't seen in a while and who will probably kill me for not keeping them up to date with my life."

"Sounds wonderful," Cody said dryly.

Artemis rolled her eyes and climbed the ladder. She entered the cockpit, closing the door behind her, and placed her hands on Din's shoulder.

"Chandrila it is?" he asked, already inserting the coordinates.

"You were eavesdropping, weren't you?" Artemis asked amused.

"Not on purpose," Din said.

Artemis rolled her eyes, before pushing a couple of buttons so she could send Leia a message to tell them they were coming.

"Hey, Leia," Artemis said, once the message was recording. "Sorry for not checking in sooner, please, don't kill me." She smiled apologetically. "I just wanted to tell you that we'll see each other shortly, in fact," she glanced at the screen and Din held out three fingers, "we'll be there in three hours and I'm bringing friends. Well, I guess I'll see you there."

Artemis pushed another button and send the message towards Leia.

"So who's this Leia?" Din asked, pulling her onto his lap.

"She's Luke's twin sister and Anakin's daughter," Artemis told him, putting her arms around his neck. "She's a senator now."