The Badge and the Burden Pt.2

Weiss walked back into the classroom in her combat gear, ready to face the grim that sat inside the cage at the front of the room.

Yang: Goooo! Weiss!

Blake: Fight well!

Y/N: You got this sis.

Ruby: Yeah, represent teaaaam RWBY!

Weiss: Ruby! I'm trying to focus!

Ruby: Oh, sorry...

Port: Alright. Let the match begin!

Port cut the handle of the cage causing it to open and the grim to come running out. A boarbatusk to be exact, is what came running out of the cage and straight at Weiss, who dodged to the side. 

Port: Aha! Wasn't expecting that were you?

Weiss then ran towards the beast as the grim began to charge once again. 

Weiss was twirled around by the beast which got her weapon stuck in the tusk of the beast. Weiss attempted to free her weapon from the tusk, which resulted in the grim to swing its head and knock Weiss onto the floor and cause her weapon to fly backwards.

Port: Oho, now what will you do without your weapon?

The beast charged towards the heiress once again, which was barely able to avoid it charge, she then made her way towards her weapon and reached for it just before the beast could react.

Ruby: Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armour underneath-

Weiss: Stop telling me what to do!

Ruby looked down with a solemn look on her face which annoyed Y/N since Ruby was right and Weiss wasn't doing anything that was doing any damage to her opponent.

Y/N: Sis! Listen to Ruby! She's right! There is no other way to beat it!

Weiss looked at her brother before nodding hesitantly and then turning back towards the beast. Weiss quickly summoned a glyph and knocked the monster on its back, she then used another glyph to launch herself towards the beast and once she was close enough she plunged her rapier into the monster's midsection finally killing it.

Port: Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and, stay vigilant! Class dismissed!

Weiss then walked straight out of class without even acknowledging her teammates.

Jaune: Sheesh, what's with her?

Ruby: I'm gonna go check on her.

With that, Ruby took of running in the direction that Weiss had headed to.

TIMESKIP

In team RWBY's dorm four members of the team were sat in the room doing different things; Ruby was struggling to stay awake as she studied, Yang and Blake were sleeping in their individual beds and Y/N was laying on his sleeping bag listening to music on his scroll since he was never really slept too easy. When he heard their dorm's door open, his sister walked into the room. Weiss then made her way over to Ruby's bed and found that she had fallen asleep on her book. She then shook Ruby awake, who bolted up in surprise.

Ruby: Weiss! I-I was studying and then I fell asleep! I'm sorry!

Weiss then quickly placed her hand over Ruby's mouth, causing her to remain quiet.

Weiss: How do you take your coffee?

Ruby: U-Uh, I don't-

Weiss: Answer the question.

Ruby: Uhh, cream and five sugars!

Weiss: (sighs) Don't move.

Weiss dropped to her bunk for a few seconds before rising back up with a hot cup of coffee in her hand and handing it to Ruby.

Ruby: Um, thanks Weiss.

Weiss: ...Ruby I think you have what it takes to be a good leader. Just know that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have.

Ruby let out a little smile at her teammate.

Weiss: Good luck studying!

She dropped back down for a second before rising back up once again.

Weiss: That's wrong, by the way.

Y/N, who was the only one still awake other than the two partners, let out a smile as he closed his eyes and was overcome with sleep.

Weiss: Hey Ruby?

Ruby: Uh-huh?

Weiss: ... I always wanted bunk beds as a kid.

The door then closed behind her.

Fades to black....