Jaunedice

Team RWBY and three members of Team JNPR sat in class watching a fight between Cardin and the group's friend, Jaune Arc. The group looked on as Jaune stood in front of Cardin, appearing out of breath.

Cardin: *laughs*

Jaune: Come on...

The two continued to clash again and again with Cardin always coming out on top.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose!

Jaune: Over my dead bo-

Cardin then sent a swift knee to Jaune's groin causing him to collapse to the floor, Cardin then raises his weapon above his head ready to finish him off but as he starts to bring his weapon down a small ember seems to catch his jumper on fire causing him to start frantically running around trying to extinguish himself. Suddenly the lights to the classroom turned on and Glynda then started to walk towards the two students.

Glynda: That's enough. Students, as you can see Mr Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now please refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you to decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it is better to move to a more.... defensive strategy. Mr. Schnee, next time wait for me to stop the match and don't interfere.

Y/N: Fine, fine.

Glynda then turned her attention back around to Jaune.

Glynda: We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a beowolf now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glynda: Remember everyone, The Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practising! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

The bell then rang causing everyone to get to their feet and head out of the classroom.

-The Cafeteria-

Nora: So, there we were. In the middle of the night....

Ren: It was day...

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursa.

Ren: They were beowolves.

Nora: DOZENS OF THEM.

Ren:... Two of them.

Yang and Y/N were sat across from the two listening to the story, Yang looked to be fully immersed in the story whereas Y/N had a sceptical look on his face.

Nora: But they were no match! And the end... Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!

Y/N: How is that even possible? Wouldn't they just turn to dust?

Yang: Y/N shush! You're breaking my immersion.

Ren: (sighs) She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now.

Y/N: Sounds exhausting.

Ren: You don't know the half of it.

The four were then pulled out of their conversation by the voice of Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Jaune? Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh! Yeah, why?

Ruby: Well- it's just you seem a little..... not okay?