Black and White

Blake, Sun, and Y/N were sitting at a rooftop café drinking tea.

Blake: So you want to know more about me?

Sun: Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks.

Blake looks at Sun with a very unimpressed impression on her face.

Sun: Ya! Like that.

Blake: Sun... are you familiar with the White Fang?

Sun: Of course! I don't think there's a faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get what they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me.

Blake: I was... once a member of the White Fang.

Sun: (choking and coughing) Wait a minute, 'You' were a member of the White Fang?

Blake: That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and faunus. Of course, despite being promised, the faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humans still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. And I actually thought we were making a difference... but I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that use faunus labour. And the worst part? It was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I would no longer use my skills to aid in violence. And I decided, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress. So here I am. A criminal hiding in plain view. All with the help of a little, black bow.

Y/N: Well, at least the reason for you being at Beacon is good. Mine, on the other hand, is not all that impressive or virtuous.

Blake: Wait, why are you at Beacon, then?

Y/N: Have you two heard of the vigilante the Demon?

Sun: Yeah, it's said that he uses his fire powers to clean the streets of Vale and to rid it of criminals. Why do you ask?

Y/N: Well because he is me.

Blake: Y/N? It was you?

Y/N: Yeah, after I lost the person who was the closest to me to Roman Torchwick I fell into a real deep depression, started drinking and getting into a lot of fights. One day I decided that I hated the person that I had become and wanted to start fighting for what was right. That's when I became the demon. The things that I was doing were still technically against the law, though, and as a result I was chased by the police more often than I'd like to admit. My downfall came about when I met Ruby and fought against Roman, this caused my downfall since Glynda caught me and Ozpin made me deal. He said that if I didn't come to Beacon, then he would hand me over to the authorities and I would have to pay for the crimes I had committed. So that's the only reason I even ended up at Beacon, if I had not been caught then I would have never ended up on the pass to become a Huntsman. But since I did end up where I am, then I might as well make the most out of my situation and become the best Huntsman I can and help all of faunus kind.

Blake: Whether you intend to be on this path for the right reasons or not doesn't change the fact that you are on it now, and that is what really matters.