CHAPTER 2

Cute chapter :)

×

O: I was thinking
How do you know my last name?  (11:44pm)

C: Did you see what time it is?  (11:45pm)

O: That doesn't answer my question.
I know yours because of your mother but I don't know how you know mine.  (11:47 pm)

C: Daniella told me.  (11:47 pm)

O: Did you ask her about me?
Wow.  Stalker (11:48 pm)

C: I thought you wouldn't want to answer me then
Yeah, I asked her some questions (11:48 pm)

O: I spent the day thinking about it (11:50 pm)

C: Am I in your thoughts?
This is adorable, Joyner
S2 (11:50 pm)

O: Funny (11:52 pm)

C: Do you want to leave tomorrow?
Ice cream, maybe?  (11:53 pm)

O: Does ice cream mean kidnapping?  (11:55 pm)

C: No, funny
Ice cream means ice cream
Cold balls and cone (11:56 pm)

O: Okay (00h)

C: Okay like yes?
Is that a yes?  (0:01)

O: It doesn't change my mind
See you tomorrow (0:01)

C: See you tomorrow: p (0:03)

O: I still find these manual emojis
completely ridiculous (0:05)

C: It's a charm
: p (0:06)

O: You piss me off (0h08)

C: I know (0h08)
   :) (0h08)
   :p (0h08)

×

Owen had been sincere when he sent that message saying he spent all day thinking about how Charles knew his name, it wasn't like he was thinking exactly about Charles, his blue eyes or that side smile from when he introduced himself. Course not.

Knowing that he had talked to Daniella left Owen on a pedestal, he was not sure what she had said to Gillespie but knew that the conversation had been long enough for him to know his surname and to know about the mention of the psychiatric hospital.

And that wasn't even the biggest problem because, shit, he had agreed to go out with Charles for ice cream and now his list of questions was even longer, what time would they go out?  How many questions would Charles ask you?
Was he going to manage not to look like an idiot in front of the boy?

Was it a date?

- You - Owen says throwing his backpack on the table looking at Daniella with a frown - Why did you tell Charlie about me?  You gave him my number without telling me.

- Did you give Owen's number to the new kid?  - Jaheem asks with a surprised expression that turns into a big smile like doing a highfive with the girl - Taking the butterfly out of the cocoon.  Finally.

- Don't be mad, he asked me.  I couldn't say 'no' to him.  Have you seen those eyes?  They hypnotize - she says, gesturing with her hands.

- Oh, no, I didn't notice his eyes but I'll have time to notice when we go out today - he says sitting up, his tone desperately nervous.

- ARE YOU GOING OUT TODAY !?  - The girl screams excitedly clapping - Wait, how did he get you to accept?

- He texted me last night.  In fact, I sent it to him because I wanted to know how he knew my last name - Joyner says lying on the backpack.