CHAPTER 6

ONR - Order not to resuscitate

×

After a shameful dinner that consisted of Dinah exposing Owen to his now boyfriend, Charles came up with the idea of ​​watching a movie.  Now they were in the living room, Mrs. Joyner sitting in the armchair while the couple shared the sofa, Owen sitting and Gillespie lying with her head on his lap.

- Great movie, Char - Dinah says getting up when the final credits start - I'm going to sleep.  Goodnight, kids.

- Good night, aunt - Charles says with a smile when he receives a kiss on the forehead.

- Mother - Owen calls to look - Charles is going to sleep here today, okay?

- He's slept here before.  Do you think I didn't see it?  - she asks laughing.

- In my defense - Charlie says getting up from Owen's lap looking at the woman who was at the beginning of the stairs still, the boy's hair messed up and his cheek marked with the seam of the blonde's pants - The Owen who called me.  Everytime.

- No problem.  Keep the door open - she talks back up the stairs.

- But the other times he came to sleep here the door was closed.

- Other times you weren't dating, good night, son.

- Your mother is amazing - Charles says laughing and Owen rolls his eyes - She kissed me on the forehead.

- I know, it was with lipstick - Owen says laughing, wiping the clear mark of his mother's red lipstick.

- Yours too.

- You know that ... I hate these films that the protagonist dies in the end - Owen mumbles laying his head on his boyfriend's shoulder looking at the final credits without actually paying attention to that - And he chose to die.  He could have given up on that and ... he did not give up.  What was her love worth?

- He was in pain all the time - Charlie says trying to find reasons to make Will's choice for the movie, to make sense - her love was worth it, it made his last six months worth it.

- So if you had him instead, would you do the same?  Would he give up his life and me?  - Owen questions sitting on the couch to look at her boyfriend.

-He was in pain, Owen, and he would be for the rest of his life if he had given up.

- Would you do the same?

- Would make.

- This is selfish, she loved him - Joyner says, he was already nervous and could feel his heart racing - This is different from other novels, he not only died.  He killed himself.  He paid to kill him.  It's a selfish bitch.

So, the blonde gets up from the couch and goes to his room irritated with Charles, irritated by his response.
Gillespie rubs his hands over his face and also gets up and goes to the kitchen to make tea.

- Love?  - Charlie calls sitting on the bed handing the cup to the boy - It's just a movie.

- No. Denny did everything for Izzie, he fought - Joyner says starting to cry - He let her cut the thread and ... And he suffered for her, Charles, they were going to get married and ... What do you think Denny would choose  if you could live in pain or die?  He would live.  For her, he would live.

- No, Owen.  He signed the ONR *, remember?  -Charlie asks softly, he hated seeing Owen cry but didn't know how he could help- He also couldn't take the pain anymore.  Can you stop crying because of a hypothetical situation?

- You would choose to die, Char, that sucks.

- Would you prefer me to live in pain?  I wouldn't be your Charlie anymore.  It would just be the pain, can't you understand that?  - Gillespie asks pulling her boyfriend to lie on her lap.

- Promise to me - Owen asks wiping his face from his tears - Promise to me that he would choose to live.

- I wouldn't live in pain, Owen. Sorry.

×

- I can't, mom - Charlie says entering the house, it was very early, he hadn't even been able to sleep, his face was red and filled with tears - I can't talk to him... I ... I'm sorry.

- It's okay, Charles, calm down - Jeanette says taking her son in a tight hug - Okay.  Do not Cry.

- I don't want to die, mom ... I don't want to - Jeanette sighs and nods, pressing him against her body - I wish... I wish I could choose.  I would choose him.  I would choose you.

×

- What's wrong with you?  - Daniella asks when she sees Owen with red cheeks and puffy eyes - Did you have a fight with Charles?

- More or less - He says with a low sigh - Have you seen "Me before you"?

- Yes, what about it?

- He said that if I were in Will's place I wouldn't live in pain.  He would make the same choice - Owen says wiping his face from a lonely tear that runs - And he spent the night at home but left as soon as it was morning, he didn't even say goodbye.

- Did you fight over a movie?

- No. Yes. It was not because of the film, it was because of the choice he would make, it is selfish.

- In a hypothetical situation - Daniella rolling her eyes - You say you are more mature than me and Jaheem but fought over a movie.

- We never said that.

- Okay but still - she says with a light laugh and shrugs - It would not be selfish if he did not want to live in pain, Owen.  Now can you stop being boring?  It's a movie.

×

Two chapters in one day?  No you are not dreaming :)

  Please don't kill me S2

⭐⭐⭐