𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘.

THE MAYOR told everyone to avoid going outside as much as possible especially at night since that was when they came out

THE MAYOR told everyone to avoid going outside as much as possible especially at night since that was when they came out. They hadn't announced it as an outbreak since no one knew the origins of them or it as an apocalypse cause the numbers of sightings were just starting to go up.

Basically everything was closed. Schools have been closed for the last two weeks, the only things open were grocery stores so people could buy what they needed so they could survive, but most stores decided to close for safety reasons.

There have been more of them showing up according to scientists, but they are unsure of how and where they came from. Some people say that you could become one by getting attacked while others say there is some mastermind behind this whole situation,

but someone has yet to figure out the truth.

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

"I'm home!" I called out to my mother.

No response

I heard some clattering noises coming from the kitchen. "Mom?" I asked walking into the kitchen. What I saw next made my heart drop.

It was my mom. But her body was on the floor, lifeless and being eaten by the thing that everyone feared the most. 

Zombies.

I dropped the grocery bags and screamed, I then ran out of my house as fast as I could.

No no no no, it can't be. The image of my mother being eaten kept of being replayed in my head. I felt tears running down my face. I kept running and running as more tears came down but then I realized that I didn't know where I was gonna go and that the sun was almost gone.

I was running then accidentally ran into an alleyway which probably wasn't the smartest idea. What caused me more fear was that I heard sounds coming from behind me.