3. Dancing

Dancing

(Chapter One part 3)

Y/N's P.O.V

   It's so loud. I sighed, trying to block out the noise of the crowd. I decided to relay the name of the contestants. Whose most likely to pass?

Technoblade

Georgenotfound

Niki

Sapnap

Skeppy

Dream

Wilbur

Jared

Fundy

Schlatt

Eret

   These are the only fighters that have valid enough skills to concern me with. I glared at Jared as he fought another one of the weak contestants who clearly stood no chance, his arms were weak and shaking, and he held up his sword. While Jared is a terrible fighter, he can still intimidate others with status, and that's what he did every time it was his turn to fight in the arena. It was clear he was trying to impress the princess on the balcony, and it was convincing. Too bad for him that he really is an international fuckboy. She wouldn't choose him for her crown. Not even a strip of beef jerky would be worth it. She'd pound in his head for free. I chuckled at the thought of Minx kicking her heels off her feet and chucking them in Jared's face. Soon enough, it was over before it started. It turns out the scrawny boy had forfeited.

"Next up, Atarah and Jared. The fight will commence in 15 minutes." The voice spoke emotionlessly. It was robotic. (Mind you, this is a stage name meaning it's a fake name)

I couldn't help but feel a sour expression pass my face, but it gave quickly, a burning sensation in my throat rose. I suppressed the feeling immediately as I took a deep breath. Bitterness filled my mouth as I glanced over to Niki and saw her skipping over to me. Immediately the feeling of nausea washed, overseeing her smile brightly at me.

"Good luck Y/N! Get them good!" She cheered but quietly. I smiled, saying nothing as I gave her a light hug, only to have Niki hug me tightly. Niki was known to be kind and affectionate.

I didn't know what to do, so I just patted her back.

She pulled away, grasping my shoulders as she gave me a sweet smile. "I know you'll win this. Just don't get hurt, okay?"

I chuckled at her concern. "Like a true mother, Niki, like a true mother."

"Hey!" She said, slapping my shoulder lightly. "I do not act like a mother." "Sure, Niki, I'll believe you." I smiled softly, not that she could see it from underneath my mask. "Say, who's passing this round?" She questioned.

"I think the SMP kingdoms and that new one, I think it was l'manberg," I said.

"Where is that Schlatt guy from?" I chuckled softly. "No idea Niki, but he won't be here for long."

She smiled. "Now, don't get too confident now; you never know." She joked teasingly.

"Ah, I won't, I won't!" I say, raising my hands in a sort of way that says, 'I surrender. Sighing, Niki smiled while crossing her arms.

My chains jingled, crashing together as I swung my hands over my head, stretching. I relaxed my stance as the cage's bars rose, chains reeling themselves in like anchors could be heard as dust and gravel fell from the spikes that dug into the ground. I tap the forehead of my mask as I walk out of the cage. The silence was loud, almost deafening as the familiar sound of ringing could be heard, echoing in my head. As if on queue, the sky had turned dark, the clouds casting a shadow on the arena, the world seemed to have woken up, looking on the darker side. It almost felt like that feeling of realisation, like the truths behind an innocent white lie that hid, hiding as it waited for the right moment to strike you. It was chilling down to the bone. The mask no longer smiled its blood-red eye's scouring, hunting for its prey, for the sweet scent of blood if anything. I danced my fingers on the hilt of my axe and sword. I impatiently tapped the edge of my mask near my mouth. An impatient predator seemed to hide under a sheep's innocence.