9. A Softy

A Softy
(Chapter Three- part 2)

Second P.O.V (Y/n's)

"Why so suddenly?! How could you spring this on us after three nights alone?!"  A voice at the table cried out. It was Quackity, who was sitting beside a very irritated Schlatt. They were the only people other than Dream's friends that haven't left already.

Even though Schlatt wasn't partaking in the tournament, he was just here for the booze.

That's uncle Schlatt, so don't get your hopes up.

Philza's expression remained solemn as he stared coldly into the eyes of those seated at the table.

You and Dream looked at each other in confusion, quietly sitting down at the table as their recent entry into the hall went unnoticed.

"You must learn to be prepared for the unexpected." Philza shook his head, frowning at most of the men at the table who shrunk under his intimidating gaze.

"The butlers and maids will help you tailor your dresses and suits, and we meet back here for lunch to discuss the menu, the venue, the seating."

There was a different aide per person, each of them tapping the shoulder and offering a gloved hand.

You decided to take off on your own, not expecting to need any assistance. Philza saw this but dismissed it. Letting you wander off.

Kristen had already made you a dress, most likely knowing we were to have a ball. The males were to only ones who needed to get suits tailored. However, there would probably be something or someone trying to crash this party and break the chandelier, metaphorically speaking. At least sometimes.

You knew you were right. That's why the tailors were specialists in assassination and disguise.

Kristen was expecting you for this. You didn't have to walk much past the hall. She stood there as if she was waiting for you.

"Do I really need another dress?" You rolled your eyes, exasperated.

"You never know what happens at these gatherings." She lectured.

Both of you walked side by side down the velvet carpeted halls. Rich coloured drapes dancing in the breeze that slipped through the open french doors.

You noticed that Kristen was giddy, trying her best to keep a straight face. She was good. Except for the bounce in her step wasn't something she was trained to hide.

"He asked you out to the ball, didn't he?" You smiled wide. Her eyes widened, she froze on the spot.

"He did," She confirmed, returning her composure.

"You're gonna need to talk more than that," You smiled.

Kristen giggled. Finally, she ranted about it, looking like a lovestruck teenager.

"Alright, alright. So, basically, after last night when we were going to bed, he was tired, so he leaned on me a bit." She paused as you snickered.

"Don't titter-" Only to be laughing a bit herself.

"And when we got to his room, he held my hands and asked if he could tell me something." She played with her fingers, reminiscing the memory, no doubt.

"He confessed that he loved me for a long time. And that he wanted to grow old together." She smiled sweetly.

"Damn, I never knew he could be so sweet." You snorted.

"Oh, it was anything but sweet after that," She deadpanned. "Phil's clumsy ass did, by far, the most hilarious yet stupid thing ever."

-Flashback- (Third P.O.V)