12. Chapter Four- Hysteria

"Yep—Now we don't talk about that shit-"

"We're so gonna talk about that shit." She laughed.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Whatever you say, love. Anything for you!" I giggled.

I watched as her body stiffened, her grip on my hand tightening slightly.

"You can't just go all cute on me! C'mon, that has to be illegal!" She whined.

"I'm not cute! You're cute!" I gasped. Sounding offended.

"No way! You're definitely cuter! Remember when you cried because I wasn't allowed to hold your hand when we were 7, and you literally BEGGED Philza to let me hold your hand!"

"WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT!" I flushed brightly. My voice sounded as if it went up a few octaves.

.

.

.

Hysteria
(Chapter Four- part 1)

.

.

.

First P.O.V (Y/n's)

I smirked to myself, his ears turning red.

"I will choke you." Dream glared.

"That's kinky." I raised a brow.

He choked on his saliva, ears growing impossibly brighter.

"I—DO YOU NEED ME TO—I, no. Nope. Never mind." The tall boy sighed heavily.

"What? Gonna hurt me?" I taunted.

He chuckled. "Couldn't even if I wanted to." Dream muttered, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"Aww, does Mister Dream have a soft spot for me?" I cooed.

"No, I don't! I'm simply doing my duty to the country on keeping you from getting hurt, now please do your part and NOT die."

Dream crossed his arms, raising his voice in an almost fatherly tone.

'Pfft—you sound like a dad!" I laughed.

The green man grumbled under his breath, dropping his head to stare at the shoes that moved him up the high hill.

"Did I hurt your ego?" I mockingly pouted at him.

"Haha..." Dream laughed sarcastically.

The conversation fell into a comfortable silence, both at the top of the hill under the twisted willow tree.

"Where is the trapdoor?" Dream quizzed.

I bent down on my knees, dusting off at the base of the tree in between the roots.

Sure enough, the cold metal of a handle started to show.

"Right here," I answered.

I pulled at the handle, the sound of rusty metal and old wood muffled by the earth.

The door opened, taking a block of dirt and grass stitched on top of it.

"Huh, the thing still sticks!" Dream voiced out, surprised.