A Rocky Journey South

(Y/N P.O.V)

When I was walking towards south I caught myself day dreaming about something, something about my pendant. Why am I so connected to the pendant anyway? It's just a pendant after all. Sure I had it all my life but that pendant make me react so... unusual. I guess I'm really bad at letting things go? Oh I hope not. If that's true then letting things go would be quite a pai-

Before I knew it I bumped my forehead and stepped back a little. "Owww... hey what the.."

I looked up so see a huge rocky mountain blocking my way. I sighed from this. "Huhh? Aw man are you kidding me? I never climbed rocks in my life!". Maybe the map had a short cut? Mama probably marked some on her map?

I opened the map and to my disappointment, no short cuts there. Yeeeah I could just hear Mama going 'There are no short cuts in life! Those who want nothing but short cuts are nothing but slackers!'. To be honest I wouldn't mind being a slacker right now, but whatever.

I asked for adventure and I got it, no backing out now! Even if I'm exhausted and it's turning dark. I opened up the bag and checked if there was something in it to help me. I found some long sturdy knitting needles that I could use to help me climb to the top of the mountain. Unfortunately there's no more climbing gear in here, so that just leaves me with knitting needles and hope that I don't fall, which would end with me and excruciating pain.

Stabbing the knitting needles into the rocky mountain I began climbing. To be honest my arms are already starting to hurt due to all the weight I'm carrying and my exhaustion from today.

While climbing I accidentally lost footing, causing me to go down a little. The anxiety was rising the higher I got up the mountain. The only thing that was keeping me going at that moment was not dying, and that rat doing something to my pendant.

I was nearing the top of the mountain, which caused me to quicken my pace. Once I get to this Moomin Valley I better not be treated like some commoner, or this is just torture for nothing!

I finally got to the top. A wave of relief hit me as I tried to remove the needles from the mountain, then I lost my balance. "W-wooow!"

At this point I was holding onto one needle, being dangled off from my footing on the mountain as I was 1 mishap from falling to my death. "Oh no... I don't..." as I tried pulling myself up my bag just pulled me down, which meant there was 1 thing left for me to do. I let my backpack fall, in exchange for my life. I heard a thud a few seconds after. There went the map, tools, and other mysterious objects that was in it. Mama would be so disappointed in me... I threw away something she held precious just to save myself. I hope I can get them back one day.. no. I WILL get it back, that's a promise.

I get my feet to the top of the mountain, and fainted out of exhaustion.

~~~~~Several hours later~~~~~

(Y/N P.O.V)

I woke up to see a harsh light hitting me in the eyes. I must have fainted because of how tired I was... how long was I out?

I felt my stomach grumble as I looked around. Nothing but rocks and sky surrounded me. This would be considered peaceful to me, if I wasn't traumatized from last night, that is.
Keep it together Daisy, now that we don't have something weighing us down we'll get our pendant back for sure! At least, I hope I get it back..

I'll ignore my hunger for now though. Time to get down from here.

I was carefully coming down from the mountain, until I saw something in the distance. I saw the same ugly fur ball waving my pendant around like some kind of toy, he was waiting for me so he could do this. I swear when I get down I'll use you like a soccer ball!

Unfortunately my anger got the best of me, because I tripped and started rolling down.

"GWAAA- oof!"

I landed straight on my face, causing a nose bleed.

As raised my head slightly I saw the fur ball running further south while his cackling echoed in my head. My knee's were injured, I was dirtier than before, and my patience along with my spirit was being broken ever so slowly. I felt like I wanted to cry, what did I do for this terrible karma? Sure I've done some bad things but nothing so bad.

  I had to keep going though. For Mama, Sally, and Belle. They wouldn't wanna see my pride be broken so easily, so I won't let it! I decided to run as fast as I could so I would forget about the pain I was feeling right now, even if it made it worse. As I ran the area got less and less wooded, more greener and free.
I saw a sign near a path that said 'Welcome to Moomin Valley!'

A huge smile was planted on my face. I felt so much weight get removed from my shoulders, I felt like fainting again. Tears of joy came out from my eyes as I cheered over and over. Down along the path I noticed a long, blue, building with a red roof. People had to live there, maybe they have some materials I could use as replacements for my luggage. I walk up the stairs and was about to knock on the door until a familiar voice said,

"Hey, I know you"

Instincts (Snufkin x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें