Fish Thief

(Y/N P.O.V)

Snorkmaiden and I had spent majority of the day together, becoming closer in the process. The aura she gives off is quite comforting. Snorkmaiden and I made at least 11 flower crowns for the rest of the people in Moomin Valley. 4 of the flower crowns we're planning on giving first is for Moomin, Sniff, Snufkin, and Little My. I don't know if I have met 2 of her friends she named off, Sniff being a complete stranger since I haven't even HEARD his name until now.

It makes me a little relieved that I don't have to get all social with every single person that is in Moomin Valley, socializing is just not my thing usually. Admiring the sun slowly setting Snorkmaiden proceeded to have what is called 'girl talk' with me.

"Say Daisy, how many boys have you met since your journey started?"
"Boys? Meh who cares about that. To be honest the only thing I was thinking about was exploring the unknown and heading to the east."
Mentioning the east once again made Snorkmaiden become more curious. "Why do you wanna go to the east exactly? I don't mean to be rude but you always seem so eager to go." Snorkmaiden said.

"Let's just say that something dear to me awaits at the east."

(Snorkmaiden P.O.V)

Something dear to Daisy waits for her in the east? I wonder what that could be. "Oh and about your other question, I guess I didn't answer it properly huh" Daisy said sheepishly. "I think I only met 1 guy actually. Well, I wouldn't say I exactly met him"
I stared at Daisy to continue. "Well? How did you meet him?"
"I... sort of- stole food from him. Specifically a fish.."

I couldn't stop myself from snickering a little, causing Daisy to get embarrassed. "W-well I was hungry and he had LOADS of fish!"

"I guess that makes you a fish thief huh?" I said. Daisy's eyes widened. "That's exactly what he called me, a fish thief" She pointed out.

(Y/N P.O.V)

Snorkmaiden's shock turned into laughter. I can feel my face heat up because of it. "It's survival, Snorkmaiden. Of course you wouldn't understand.."

Shortly after me and Snorkmaiden spent an hour talking about Moomin Valley, and her explaining the adventures she has with her friends here. "So you mean I'll get to do that too? That's so cool!" I said with excitement. Snorkmaiden giggled at my eagerness to explore.

"Hey, Daisy, look there" Snorkmaiden pointed to the sky. We've been talking so long we didn't notice the sun had already set. "Time sure flies quickly, huh?" I chuckled, so did Snorkmaiden. As the laughter soon died down Snorkmaiden seemed to have remembered something. "Oh my I've forgotten!"
"Forgotten what, Snorkmaiden?" I asked.

"I was supposed to help Snork with blueprints today! How could I possibly forget..". Snorkmaiden said her goodbyes then grabbed the basket with flower crowns in it, and ran off in a hurry before I could speak.

Blueprints? What the heck are those? The South is so weird.

While walking back to Moomin house trying to imagine what blueprints look like, I heard a harmonica. It seemed to have been coming from the bridge, it was quite relaxing. I wanted to get a closer look at who or what was playing the tune but a twig snapped under my boot. Crap! Better run to avoid an awkward confrontation.

I ran the other direction towards Moomin house and aggressively turned the doorknob. "Open dammit.. who knows what's lurking"
"Daisy?"
"AH!" I yelped. I calmed down a little though, recognizing the voice to belong to Moomin. "Please don't do that Moomin, I don't think my heart can take it" I say, sighing in relief. "Well I saw you running all of a sudden like you were in danger! Are you in danger?" Moomin asked concerned about my well being. It'd be weird to tell him a twig scared me because I was trying to see where a harmonica tune was coming from, so I instantly said what came to mind. "You see u-uh- I'm afraid of... the dark!"

Nothing but silence followed. "...oh! I should let you inside then. Since you're scared of the dark and all"

As Moomin walked in front of me and turned his back towards me, I was too busy slapping my forehead from my words. Afraid of the dark? An adventurer like me sounds like a coward for saying that! I bet that's what Moomin thinks too

I ran upstairs without a word due to the embarrassment I was feeling, well not before tripping on a stair in the process. Shutting the door of my temporary bedroom, I sat down on my bed to recall every single thing that led me here.

1. I left home to have an adventure.

2. I bluntly insulted an ugly creature and got something dear to me taken.

3. I underwent literal hell and cancelled my plans on going east for a while

4. I stole food, specifically a fish, from someone

5. I made a friends in Moomin Valley

6. I'm exhausted

I gazed at the night stand next to my bed that had extra clothing on top on it, as well as a note. The note read: "If you're reading this Daisy these are your pajamas. Sleep comfortably!
                               - Moomin Mama"

I didn't know what pajamas were either, but I believe they were night clothes. After struggling to remove the dress I was given and changed into my pajamas I finally got to rest.

Y'know, maybe things will get better after all

----------------------

Updates may be slower, sorry :(