Sniff Is A Coward

(Y/N P.O.V)

I awoke to the smell of coffee, tea, and eggs. At that moment I did not bother to change clothes nor fix my hair and just ran down the stairs of Moomin house. As I approached the dining room I saw another creature similar to Moomin but with a top hat. He turned his head to face me.

"W-WOW!" He yelped as he fell of his chair. "Who are y-you and what do you want with us?" The top hat creature asked. "I can say the same for you, sir. What are you doing here?" I spat, crossing my arms.

Before our bickering can continue Moomin Mama came in to stop us, "Oh dear I forgot to tell you. This is Daisy and she came all the way from home to come here, she came quite a long way"

"Yeah and she's and adventurer like you were, Papa!" Moomin said entering the conversation. Ah, so he's Moomin's dad? Oh geez my first time meeting him and I was rude..

"Please do pardon my rudeness sir, I wasn't aware that you were-"
"Oh no please don't apologize for that. I was the one who started it not you"
He then stood up from his chair, removed his top hat, and bowed. "My name is Moomin Papa, I assume your name is Daisy yes?" Moomin Papa asked, I nodded slightly.

"Alright, Daisy. How long have you been adventuring for?" Moomin Papa questioned. "Er, just so recently, sir. A couple days ago really" I say twiddling my thumbs a little. "I don't really know if I should have the title of 'adventurer' just yet since I barely started"
"Nonsense. I know and adventurer when I see one" Moomin Papa said.

"Then why were you threatened by her being here a couple minutes ago, Papa?" Moomin asked.

  Nothing but silence followed until Moomin Mama started to chuckle. After that, Moomin and I laughed as well. Moomin Papa's face reddened in color due to his embarrassment.

"What? What's so funny huh?"

"Oh, nothing dear" Moomin Mama said trying to compose herself.

(Stinky's P.O.V)

I think I finally lost the brat, she must've wandered somewhere else for her stupid pendant. I wonder how much this would be worth, I should sell this to some sucker nearby. Hehe..

I go up of a tree to scout the area, and I spotted someone. They seem to be heading to Moomin house. I get closer to see it's someone familiar, the cowardly one that looks like an oversized rat. Oh he's an easy one alright.

I run in front of him to stop him in his tracks, and seeing me put him on edge. "What do you want Stinky? If you're gonna try to t-trick me it isn't gonna work!" He said trying to go around me. I waved my hands at him and ran in front of him again. "Hey hey hey waaaait! That's not what I'm here for! I have something to offer." I said, smirking.

The rat looks down at me with a scrunched face. "An offer from you? No thanks. I know better than to take anything from you"

He was about to walk off until an idea popped in my head. Man I'm smart!

"Really? Aww, but I thought you'd wanna be rich..."
And just like that, he stopped in his tracks. The rat turned his head to me with a questioning look. "I doubt you have anything to even make you rich. Even if you did, why would you give it to me?"

Shoot! He has a brain? No big deal, he's still an idiot. Persuading him wouldn't be hard. "Ah, well, you see, I don't need the money. I wanna do a good deed, that's why I offered it in the first place." I say, flashing the pendant in front of me. "It's worth 10,000 gold coins, but I was planning to give it to ya for only 3,000 gold coins" I say.

"3-3,000 gold coins?! I don't even have 1 gold coin!" He yelled. Of course he's broke... but maybe I can still get something out of this. "Hey c'mon, no need to panic about the price. Tell ya what, I'll give you this pendant for free, then you sell it for 10,000 and give 3,000 of that to me! Easy, right?"

"Really? You'll give it to me just like that?"

"Yeaaah uh, Snip?"

"It's Sniff."

"I knew that."

I then took out my hand to shake Sniff's hand. He hesitated a little, but complied and shook my hand. "Here ya go, buddy!"

(Y/N P.O.V)

After I finished eating breakfast and helping Moomin Mama with the dishes, I retreated to my room to get myself ready for the day. I heard from Moomin Papa that there is a police station nearby that could help me find my pendant and the hair ball that took it. Let's just hope he didn't go far.
I put on my Victorian dress, brushed my hair, put on my boots, and ran off.

I ran south-east until my running slowly subdued.

I forgot to ask Moomin Papa which direction the Police station was located.

I stopped completely by then, making a U-turn. I ran back to Moomin house in a hurry that I wasn't paying attention in front of me. Which is why I bumped into someone.

"OW!" They said. I tumbled down as I opened my eyes to see who exactly I bumped into. He looks like an oversized rat..

He opened his eyes as well, and I can see he was upset. "Hey! Watch where you're running, some of us have money to make!" He scolded. I unknowingly scoffed. "Yeah sure."

His expression changed from anger to panic as he looked at his palms frantically. "...Gah! Where is it??"
The rat then stood up and started checking the area around him. "Hey uh, are you looking for something?"

"My pendant flew off! Oh no, I'll get no gold coins without it!" Gold coins? A pendant?

I stood up and looked around the area as well, then I spotted a slight glimmer in a patch of grass. Within further inspection not only was it a pendant, but it was my pendant.

I gasped as I snatched it and backed away from the creature. He soon catches on though, gasping as he saw I was holding the said pendant.

"Theif!"

I turned around and started sprinting back to Moomin house. I had no time to think or comprehend anything since he was chasing me and yelling pure nonsense. Since he was soon catching up I instead turned left where the bridge was located. As I was about to cross the bridge I was soon tackled. Due to the shock and sudden force, I had release my pendant once more from my grip. NO!

The pendant bounced into the river, getting taken by it's current. At this point I was more than angry, I was enraged.

I shoved the oversized rat off of me as my face was reddening from anger. He looked like he had something to say, until I started yelling at him.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID?! THAT WAS MY PENDANT THAT I WENT HELL AND BACK FOR! AND NOW YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS? IN THE RIVER CURRENT BECAUSE OF YOU!"

I glared daggers at the creature as it started shaking and trying to scoot back from me, but I wasn't having it. "WHERE?! WHERE DID YOU GET MY PENDANT?!"

The rat then sprinted and started crying for help, saying I was gonna kill him and such. Of course I chased that coward, I needed answers.

(Snufkin's P.O.V)

Hm. So far not much coming from the river. I only got 2 fishes this time, so I should probably stop fishing. As I gathered my stuff to put away, something peculiar caught my eye. A shiny object in the river stuck between 2 stones.

I yanked the said object out of the river. "That's odd. What's a pendant doing in the river?"