Six

I wake to light filtering through the curtains. Groaning, I roll onto my other side and pull the covers over my head. Its not often I get to sleep in and I most definately want to make the most of it.

Last night, Spring and Autumn decided to take the kids for the day so that us parents and soon-to-be-parents, could sleep in. I had to admit I needed the sleep. Jase was an early bird and with a baby on the way I would be getting even less sleep than usual.

"Time to get up, Sunshine! It's almost one in the afternoon!" Spring sang, pulling my curtains open. I groan again and turn over, only to have the covers yanked off my body. "Up up, we're going out to lunch! I already woke Autumn so get your ass outa bed!"

How could she be so cheerful waking me up! Is she that evil? Does she have no heart?

I glared at her smiling face and finally got up, badly needing to use the bathroom. "We're leaving in twenty!" she calls out behind me. I groan and slam the bathroom door, quickly using the bathroom and brushing my teeth, glad to have showered last night. I get dressed in a light blue sundress and converse (hey they're comfortable) and grab my purse and Jase's diaper bag.

I walk upstairs to where my family is waiting, the kids playing and the adults talking. Everyone is here, including my my siblings and their kids. "Aunt Winnie!" Lily squeals, throwing herself at me.

"Hey sweetcheeks." I smile down at my neice, giving each of her cheeks a kiss as she giggles.
At four, Lily is absolutely adorable. All the kids are.

Lily's little brother Seth, comes over, giving me a hug. He's almost three and he and Jase are pretty close along with Selena, Paul's two year old daughter. Selena takes after her Argantinian mother, Marisol, with dark curls and light brown skin. She had Paul's blue eyes though and is absolutely adorable.

Of all my siblings, only Paul and Jack are married. Jack got married right out of high school to his high school sweetheart, Maryann and Paul got married four years ago to his college girlfriend, Marisol. Both couples were still madly in love years later.

All of siblings came with us when we moved, the college students for at least the summer. Since we'd always been close, none of us wanted to be far so they packed up themselves and their families and moved with us. Since the ranch had five guest houses, each of my oldest siblings got one.

"Momma!" Jase squeals, finally noticing me. He runs to me and jumps into my arms. I catch him and spin him around, giving him kisses all over his cute little face.

"Okay we're ready to go," Mom says, ushering the kids out the door and to the car, the adults all following behind. We pack ourselves into six cars and drive to a family friendly restaurant s few miles away. We're a large group of twenty-three and had to call in a reservation yesterday.

"So Winnie, are you ready for school to start?" Joey asks me as we wait for our food. I shrug.

"I guess. I mean, I'll miss spending all my time with Jase but it is my senior year so of course I'm a little excited," I reply, taking another bite of my cornbeef hash.

I listen as the conversations go on around me, engaging in some but my mind isn't really foccused on it. It's only foccused on the fact that I'm seventeen and pregnant with my second child- the bad-boy's baby no less. And I had no idea how to tell him. I just really hoped he wouldn't desert me like Calvin did.