Ten

In the last two weeks, I'd spent a lot of time with Ian, getting to know him and falling more for him each day. And today was my appointment. Everyone had work today and the states had camp so Jason was coming with me and Ian to the appointment. I had a car, but Ian was picking us up anyway.

At 10am, he pulled up in front of my house and We moved Jase's carseat to Ian's car before I buckled him in and got in myself. We entertained Jase most of the way, making him laugh instead of talking to each other, and it felt like we were a real family.

The gel was cold but it was worth it when I heard the wooshing sound fill the room and saw my little jellybean on the screen. Tears filled my eyes once again, and when I glamced at Ian, it looked like his eyes were moist too.

"Mama what dat sownd," Jase asked, tilting his head to the side.

"That's the baby's heartbeat, bud. You're gonna be a big brother, just like how Uncle Paul and Uncle Jack are my big brothers and how Ian is Mark's big brother," I told him. He grinned widely and stood on his tippy toes, trying to see the screen we were all looking at. The doctor lowered it so he can see and he places his tiny hand on it. I was about to tell him not to touch but the doctor laughed and told me it was fine.

"Where baby?" he asked. The doctor pointed to the baby before furrowing her eyebrows and moving the wand again. She stopped and another picture at a different angle filled the screen.

"And that's baby number two." My eyes watered more, my suspicions confirmed. Two babies. I was having twins.

Damian's eyes looked excited but scared. I'm sure mine mimicked his. I was going to have three kids before I even graduated high school. Shit just got real.

DAMIAN POV

Twins. She was having twins. I was nineteen. Still a kid and yet I was about to have two of my own. But the moment I saw them on the screen, my heart seemed to grow miles wider. I already loved those little jellybeans. I wasn't my dad and I wasn't Junior. It might not be easy but I was gonna be a damn good father and not just to my own kids but to Jason too. And I was going to win Winter over and make her mine.

"Mama, where do babies come from?" I heard Jason ask. Winter froze and hesitated.

"They come from Mommy's tummy," I answered. She sent me a look of relief and Jason nodded his head, going back to playing with his toys. Crisis averted.

"Thanks," Winter said, smiling slightly at me as she rested a hand on her growing stomach. My fingers itched to reach over and touch her stomach but I held myself back. I didn't want to scare her away.

"No problem. When my brother got a girl pregnant a few years ago, Mark asked me the same thing. I gave him that same answer. Thankfully, Junior and Mark aren't related and he hasn't spent much time with the guy. Junior's not a nice guy. Even worse than I am. I don't want my baby brother to be anything like him," I said, thinking back to when I'd told my mom and Mark about Junior getting a girl pregnant. I felt bad for the girl. Junior was awful towards her. The guy was a bastard. Okay, so technically, I was, but in the critical sense of the word, it was all him.

"I know the feeling." She looked past me to where Jason was playing. "I don't want him to be anything like the man who helped create him. If he ever ends up in that situation, he had better take responsibility." She smiled at me. "We should get back. I told my mom I'd baby sit the babies and Indiana. The other kids have an art camp."

"Okay." We quickly grabbed our things and Jase's toys and headed out of the building and towards my car. If only I knew what was waiting back at my house.

I dropped Winter off at home and told her to call me if she needed anything before heading home. I wish I had stayed because waiting for me at home was none other than my dick of a little brother.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"I did something really stupid, bro." He turned to me, looking like a scared little kid. "I was supposed to sell something but I kept some of it and now someone's after me. Showed up at home while I was at school and I got kicked out. Or at least until I figure something out. I just need somewhere to crash for a while and this place is in the middle of nowhere," he rushed out. I sighed. Figured he'd be in trouble.

"It's up to Callum and Trevor, man." Callum and Trevor were my roommates as well as my best friends.

"Fine. Can we go inside at least? I'm starving." I nodded. Stupid dick was gonna ruin my life. I had a feeling.

Much to my dismay, my friends agreed to let him crash in the spare bedroom. The four of us lived in a four bedroom house we rented together.

My phone rang while we were playing COD and I answered it immediately when I saw the name on the screen. "Winnie? Everything alright?" I froze at her words.

"No. Maddie just started coughing up blood and I don't have room in my car for all the kids! My mom and Joey are still at work and I can't get a hold of anyone. I need help, Ian!" she exclaimed. I jumped up.

"I'll be right over, okay." I hung up and grabbed my keys.

"Trev, call Summer and leave a message telling her to meet us at the hospital along with whoever else's numbers you have. And I'm taking your van." I said. We were in a band but Trevor owned the van we used and at the moment it had all the seats in it.

"Who's hurt? Is something wrong with the baby?" Callum asked.

"No. Madi's coughing up blood. Winnie's watching the twins and Indi along with her son and can't fit all the car seats in the car safely. I gotta go. Call Gav and Ren too. I think Win said that Autumn was hanging out with Ren today."

It only took a few minutes normally to get to Winter's but at the speed I was going it only took a minute or so. Within another minute, kids were buckled and we were on our way. Win had called an ambulance but all were currently in use and it would take even longer to get here. We only had a few as we lived in basically the middle of nowhere.

Winter sat in the middle row with the babies while Indiana and Jason sat in back. I could see the fear in Winnie's eyes each time she looked at me. She had a right to be scared. Her baby sister was coughing up blood. I'd be terrified if that was Mark.