Fourteen

DAMIEN POV

I wanted nothing more than to kick my asshole little half brother's ass. It was awful already when I didn't know the girl, but now I knew her. She was the mother of my children and the mother of the little boy I'd started to see as my own. She was the woman I was falling for. And my brother had treated her and his own son like shit. I hadn't even known I was related to Jason and yet I saw him as my own son but the man who had helped create him didn't give a flying fuck about him.

From the moment Winter told me about Jason's father, I'd hated him. Now knowing that the child he'd abandoned was my nephew, the boy I'd started to see as my own son, made me hate my brother even more.

I hated allowing Mark around Junior because Junior was such a terrible influence as it was. I didn't want Mark growing up to treat women like dirt like both Junior and I had. I may have been a player, but I was never cruel to a girl like Junior was. I didn't want Junior to influence Mark at all. It shouldn't have made a difference who the woman Junior had been so terrible to was, but it did. And there was no way I was letting him around my twins or Jason.

"Hey," Paul said, already at my place, grilling with Trevor while his daughter, Selena, played with her big cousins, Seth and Lily. Looking around, I noticed that everyone except for Emma and Spring were already here.

Earlier, Winter had called Summer, Spring, and Blaze to tell them about Junior, or Calvin as they know him, being my brother and staying with me. Otherwise they would make a huge scene. I'd love to kick Junior out but as much as I hate him, he's my brother and has nowhere else to go and deep down-like way way way deep down- I love him.

"Hey Jase, why don't you go play with your cousins," Winter said. Jase happily ran off to play.

"Hey man," I said to Paul since he'd greeted me a moment ago.

"Thanks for having us, I love these cookout things. We used to have them all the time growing up but not so often now that most of us are out of the house or getting ready to.

"Don't thank me. It was all Trevor's idea," I replied.

"Wish I'd had a house with my friends and not just an apartment with 'em when I was your age," Jack commented. "Especially a nice one like this with a yard and everything."

"It's pretty great. I have a trust fund and so I bought it and the guys pitched in a bit. Only time I ever broke that money out. Don't want anything to do with my father. Or my asshole brother," I said, glancing over to where Junior was unsuccessfully trying to flirt with Emma.

"Oh hell no!" Jack and Paul said at the same time. "He is not getting with any of my sisters!"

It was kind of scary how they said the exact same thing at the exact same time.

"Hey kid! Back off my sister!" Paul yelled to Junior.

"She's too old for you and you look like bad news," Jack added. If only they knew that Junior was the one who had made their sister's life so terrible she had to move. Not to mention that he knocked her up and didn't take responsibility.

"I'm eighteen. A legal adult," Junior said.

"Don't care. No hitting on any of my sister's," Paul growled. "Or my wife or sister-in-law."

I smirked. Looked like I didn't have to deal with Junior on my own. Winter's brothers had it handled.

"Em wouldn't give him the time of day anyway," Winter said, watching her brother's threaten my brother. Now, under normal circumstances, a guy would stand up for his little brother, but not in this case. Junior should feel lucky as it is that most of Winter's siblings had no idea who he was and that the ones who did had been told to behave. Otherwise Junior would probably end up in the hospital. And I wasn't gonna hold any of 'em back. They had a right to beat the boy up. He deserved it big time.

"Hey, how are you doing with all of this anyway?" I asked.

Winnie smiled at me. "Better now that I've told you and know you agree with me," she said. I smiled back at her and followed her over to where the kids were playing.

"Auntie Win!" Lily squealed, wrapping her arms around Winnie. She gave the girl a kiss on the top of her head before hugging her other niece and her nephew, her son, and her siblings.

"Hey kiddos. Whatcha doin'?" Winnie asked.

"Playin sand monstas!" Selena informed her, throwing sand at Winnie's legs. "Rawr!" She stood up and giggled as she pretended to be a monster, the other kids doing the same. We pretended to be scared and let them get us, the kids giggling like crazy.

"You're gonna be a great dad," Winnie said as we walked over to where the other adults were clustered, Ren cooing over baby Madi and Link. I smiled.

"I hope so."