Seven

I wretched the contents of my stomach into the nearest bush. Rinsing my mouth out I spit, gurgling and repeating before popping a piece of mint gum in my mouth. Ugh, I hate morning sickness.

"You okay?" I turned, surprised to see him there. He was standing behind, me a hand on my back as he guided me back to the park bench.

"Mommy, you okay?" Jase asked, running from the sandbox to me. I nodded and put on a smile, even as my stomach continued to churn. He gave me a hug before running back to play in the sand.

"Are you sure you're okay, Winter?"

"Nothing I haven't handled before," I said. It wasn't really a lie. I'd occasionally had morning sickness with Jason, though it was usually actually in the morning with him, unlike with this one who was making me sick during all times of day.

"If you throw up again I'm taking you home," he warned, looking genuinly concerned. I'm sick because of you, you asshole! I thought to myself.

I couldn't tell him though so I just nodded as I watched my little boy play. He was my life and I loved him more than anything and I loved this baby just as much, I just didn't love the way it made me feel.

"Ian, I'm hungry!" Mark, Ian's younger brother said, running up to us. Mark looked a lot like Ian, only his hair wasn't as dark as Ian's and he was only eight.

"You wanna get lunch with us?" Ian asked me. I thought for a moment. I needed to get to know him. He was the father of my baby, it couldn't hurt to have lunch with him.

"Why not. Jase seems to have taken a liking to Mark anyway," I said, watching as Mark entertained Jase.

"C'mon boys, we're gonna get lunch," I call out. Mark races towards us, Jase chasing behind as fast as his little legs can carry him.

I grab Jase's carseat from the car and put it in Ian's, getting Jase all strapped in next to Mark and climbing into the passenger seat.

"What are you in the mood for?" Ian asks me.

I get a sudden craving for a burger and fries and tell him that's what I want. He nods and takes us to a cute diner with what he says are the best burgers and fries in town.

He's right. My double cheeseburger with pickles and fries with more pickles (don't judge, it's amazing. Even before pregnancy), and coffee oreo shake is absolutely amazing.

I didn't care if I looked like a pig, I was pregnant and I was hungry.

"Dang that's good," I said, rubbing my full stomach and noticing I had a tiny bump. Weird. Jase was a big baby and I didn't even show this early with him. Unless...oh shit! Multiples. It ran in the family. Could I manage with more than one? One was hard enough and I already had a toddler.

"Winnie? You okay?" I mentally shook my head clear of thoughts and nodded.

"Just spaced out for a moment is all."

"You sure? You were sick earlier...maybe we should get home," he said, looking me over carefully.

"Really. I'm perfectly fine. I'm just a bit tired. Mom and Joe had date night so all of us unmarried adults got babysitting duty," I said. It was true but I knew it was the pregnancy making me tired.

I got out of the car, carrying a sleeping Jase while Ian brought the carseat inside. Once I had tucked him in I returned to where Ian was still waiting. "Go out with me, Winnie?"

I froze. I wanted to. I really did. But he was a bad boy. He had a reputation and I wasn't goinf down that path again, even if I was carrying his baby.

"I can't. You're toxic, Ian. No matter how you might think you feel, you will hurt me. You'll get bored and cast me aside like every other girl. I'm not going down that road again. I can't take that. I'm a mom. And I can't risk you hurting us. Kids latch onto people quickly. I can't let you break us when you leave. Because you leaving is inevitable," I replied. "I'll see you around, Ian. Don't worry about my car, I'll have someone take me to get it tomorrow."

I shut the door behind me and leaned sgainsy it, breathing in and out, trying to calm my racing heart. I wanted him. Sexually and emotionally, but he was like a poison and I had to get him out of my system before it was too late.

"Winnie, was that Ian?" Summer asked, walking over to me. I nodded. "You went out with him?"

"More like we both happened to be at the park and we all went to lunch together. And he paid before I could. He asked me out though. But I can't go out. I can't let him hurt Jase or my baby- or babies, I think it's more than one. They might share DNA but Ian is a flight risk. He's a bad boy player, Sum. I can't risk it."

"But you like him," she stated. I nodded.

"No matter what he needs to know you're pregnant. You'll be showing really soon, especially if it is multiples."

"I know," I sighed, walking into my room, Summer right behind me.

"Tomorrow. We'll tell them both," Summer announced. Once she set her mind to something, she made sure it happened. There was no way I was getting out of telling him tomorrow. It was time to face the music. Either I was on my own, a single mother once more, or he would stand by me and man up. I just hoped it would be the latter. I didn't want to do this on my own again, but if I had to, I would. No matter what Ian wanted, I was going to raise my baby or babies.