Five

WINTER POV

   I glance down at my still-flat stomach. I know that soon I will have a tiny baby bump that isn't noticeable unless you look really closely at me with my shirt off and I don't plan on having my shirt off in public, so I should be good for another two months or so. I had gotten over the shock of being pregnant as soon as I left the doctor's office three days ago and now I'm filled to the brim with excitement. I think I'm having a girl since when I was pregnant with Jase, it was a rough pregnancy, but this one is fairly easy. I've only been nauseous a few times and it really hasn't been bad at all.

   "Winnie! What's taking so long?" Summer whines as she knocks on my door for the hundredth time this morning. We have plans to see a movie, just us adult, or in my case, almost adult, women. Emma and Len and Scar and Autumn and Spring went out for drinks earlier so they're meeting us at the theater. Scar doesn't drink but for some reason she joined them. Summer decided not to go since I wasn't going and she said she needed to talk to me. We planned to get dinner just us.

   "Sorry! I'll be out in a minute!" I call back, grabbing a t-shirt and shorts and throwing them on before slipping into a pair of converse sneakers and tossing my hair in a ponytail. I grab my purse and phone on the way and head downstairs, giving Jase a hug and a kiss before heading out to Summer's car and getting in the passenger seat.

   Summer looks really nervous for some reason which is weird because Sum is never nervous. "You okay?" I ask her when we sit down at the restaurant. She shakes her head and looks down.

   I watch my sister blink a few times before lifting her head back up and blurting out, "I'm pregnant! At that party, I slept with that Trevor guy. He took my virginity, Win. I know you think I lost it a long time ago, but I didn't. Sure, I made out with guys, but I never went all the way and now I'm knocked up!"

   I grab her hand. "Calm down, sweetie. It's gonna be okay. I was a lot younger than you when I had Jase. You're amazing with him. You've been there for him since day one. You know all about kids. The only difference is that this time the baby will call you mommy and you'll be raising it while I do the babysitting," I reassure her. She smiles slightly.

   "We'll go through this together, Sum," I promise.

   "What? But you're not pregnant. So I'll be going through it with your help."

   "No. I'm pregnant, Sum. You're the first to know. I found out three days ago. I slept with someone at that party too. Ian. Just think Sum, they're gonna be best friends, our babies!" I cheer. She laughs and her eyes twinkle as she agrees with me. These are the moments in life I live for. Moments with my family. Moments of pure joy.