We meet again

You had just had your 17th birthday one week ago and got a ticket from your friend Will to the Hayles Circus that was staying in Gotham for a while now.

You put on something fancy but still comfy:

"This is what you wear"

You put on your clothes, close you door to your apartment (ps you got your own apartment but you still have your foster parents) and walk out where you meet Will waiting against his car. "Took you long enough", Will told you while getting in the front seat behind the staring wheel. "Atleast i'm here", you then got in, in the front seat beside Will. You talked about things like what you should get kind of snacks or what you where most excited about to see.

_-Time skip-_

When you got their, Will parked the car and you decided to wait for him outside the Circus. While you waited you got a flashback from the place.

-Flashback-

Your mom and dad had just left you alone to go get drugs. While you waited you saw a boy who looked around your age (btw your 5) so you decided to walk up to him. "Hi their", you tried to sound friendly. The boy then turned around and you could see he had green eyes that matched perfect with his ginger hair, but you also saw he had a scar on his forhead. Before he could answer you, you lifted your hand up to his forhead (not tuching) asking "are you o-okay". The boy grabbed your arm but before he could say anything to protect himself and not sounding weak he saw your scar on your arm. "What happened to your arm" you gave your arm a quik glanse and then took it to yourself, "n-nothing", but you knew that it wasent nothing but that it was your dad. You then started talking until your dad came and-

_End of flashback_

Y/n pov

"Mother earth to y/n", i turned around
and saw that Will was the one who had brought me back from my tought. "Yeah?" "Come on before it starts", Will grabbed my arm and we ended up in the Circus. We had great laughts until i told Will that i would refill the popcorn.

I got out and then saw a femilier face. I ignored it and chose to go get some popcorn.

I was almost at the popcorn-cart when i felt i hand on my shoulder, i turned around and saw the femilier face that i scene before that belonged to a boy with ginger hair. "I'm sorry it just that you seem so femilier,...have we met before", he said.
"Umm i-i don't know, altho you do seem femilier too.", We staired at each other for a bit before i broke the silence, "i should probably get back, my friend is waiting." "oh- um- yeah ofcours, i hope that i'll see you around." "yeah me too." I then left with a smile on my lips.

But just when i got back i heard a fight going on, on the stage, then a femilier voice screaming:
GCPD!
I rushed beside Will that looked a little shoked and asked him "what happened!" "I uh- they just started fighting and then-" i then saw it and cut him of by saying "Jim..."

It didnt take me long to run down to the scene and find Lee and Jim. "Jim?"
"Y/n what are you doing here" "i came to look at the Circus ofcours" "you shouldent be here, go home" "says who"
Jim stood still for a second before replying with "fine, just don't do anything stupid...okay?" "Sure".

It took us some time to understand that they where fighting about someone named Lila and that she's the snake-dancer of the Circus.

We ended up outside a trailer and Jim started knoking on it. I stood behind Jim so i couldent really see who came out. "GCPD we need to speak with Lila."
i could have sworne that i had heard that voice somewhere before. "She's not here." He then put on his cought and asked "why whats happened." Jim replied with "where is she." "Uhh i don't know,...she was suposed to come home ages ago" "you reletive?" "Uh um i'm her son, Jerome" I then remembered who he was "Jerome?" Jim just looked me and said "just wait a minute y/n."
I could then see in his face that something lited up "Y/n?"

Jim then broke our moment with asking "when did you last see her" "this morning, she was here when i left for the librery" the guy beside us could see that Jerome was stressed "relax Jerome this gentleman is just here because Owen and All had a duisagreement, your mom is fine, gone on a sprinodaubt you know how she is" Jerome then fully turned to him and said "without her cought, hat, purse" their where a silent moment before Jerome talked again "and look at Shiba, she's distraught, she knows somthing wrong" Jim then put on a fake smile witch made me a little angry "the snake just semes to be agitatad sir" the man next to us then cut in and whispered in Jim's ear somthing that i couldent hear, but i did understand that they didnt treat Jerome the way he should be treated "but she still left without her purse" Jim replied "how fast can a animal like that move" "uh fast walking pace they rely on surprise mainly" "put her out" Jerome then staired at Jim a little confused "i'm sorry" "let her out."

And here we where, following..a snake.
Me and Jerome was in the back when we where following Shiba. He looked a little nervous so i got closer, holding an arm around his shoulder and told him that it was going to be alright, he then gave me a little smile that made me slightly blush.

I then furowed my eyebrows when the snake was going up in the back of the truck. We all stoped and when the snake had gone fully under the cover that covered up the back Jim took it for him to lift up the white covers, their she was Lila, dead with blood over her body from top to toe.

Jerome fell down to his kneas and started crying and leting out sobs that crushed my heart into a million peaces. I fell down beside Jerome and put his head on my chest to comfort him, he then heald his arms around my waist tight and so i decided to stay like this for a while.

"You knew" i lifted up my head to see Jim looking at the man that was with us before. "No" "look at me" the man lifted up his head with a sad expresion on his face and decided to answer "she-...she was like that when we found her." It gave me chills down my spine that they already knew and hadent done anything like call the police and had just left her to do their show without even teling Jerome about it.

Me and Jim shared a look and now knew that anyone here could had done it.

I took Jerome back to his trailer and we ended up talking for hours just like the old times. He actually ended up laughing and semed to get over that his mother had just died...-strange-. I gave him my number and told him to call me if anything happened and also that we could hang out tomorow before and after the interigation because Jerome was not not a murduer, ofcours not.

...right

Word count: 1290 words