9: The Great Outdoors (Part 1/2)

Mid morning we had all the campers go outside to where we had our marshmallow ceremonies. Chris and I were walking up to the site.

"Are we seriously just going to leave them out there, there's bears here you know Chris." I whispered in concern.

"They're teenagers if they can survive puberty and school, they can survive a few bears, what's the problem?" He proclaimed. "Besides, they'll have the camera crew around to help if they actually need it."

"Chris, we don't pay them enough to care." I said bluntly and crossed my arms.

We arrived in front of the campers cutting off our conversation, "Good morning campers! Today's challenge is a tough one!" I announced.

"That's right, campers today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I'm not gonna lie some of you may not comeback alive." The campers gasped at Chris's statement.

I frowned and nudged him, "He's just joking." I reassured the campers as Chris laughed. "Anyway, today's challenge is to spend one night in the woods, everything you will be needing is at the campsite in the forest you just have to find them." I held out a map and Chris held another along with some compasses, we tossed them to the teams.

"Oh, and look out for bears, we lost a couple of interns, pre-production. Since our co-host Mr. Morales was worried for you, I had to say a warning." He pat my head.

I glared at him and looked back at our campers, "Just be careful not to attract any." I gave a small smile to the anxious campers.

The girls all sighed and awed at my worry, I tried not to grimince at their reaction, as I was the only eye-candy now with Justin out of the island.

"Alright, first team back for breakfast wins invincibility", Chris blew an air horn, "well off you go."

"Good luck campers!" I said with a smile.

Chris and I went off the scene, we walked to the live footage tent and sat there with Chef already with snacks and chairs.

"Hey Chef having fun?" I sat in a chair and grabbed a bag of potato chips, "What'd you think?"

"Those suckers aren't gonna listen for real, those bears are going to have a nice dinner tonight." Chef said with laughter and ate some chips and we turned our attention to the screen of live footage.

Chris put his arm on my chair and leaned looking at the screen too, "Of course they won't listen, anyway it's great for views if we end up having a bear show. They brought it upon themselves if they go looking for one."

I sighed, "Yeah, yeah, but they're just kids, makes me uneasy."

"Don't worry so much babe, they'll be fine I promise, maybe scared, but fine." Chris reassured, "You can kill me if one of them gets hurt." He reached in my bag of chips and ate one.

I sighed, "Fine whatever, you can't take it back." We looked back at the screen to see where our campers went, starting with the Screaming Gophers.

"Poor Gwen and Trent, they were doing so good, Heather just fucked it up." I leaned my head on Chris's arm, "Please never be that stupid."

He laughed, "I won't, but hey looks like Trent doesn't mind the awkward unauthorized confession."

I hummed looking at them have a sad disagreement, "Man Gwen, just own it, don't be such a downer." I whispered, and grabbed a chip.

We looked at the Killer Bass and it was everyone's favorite friends bonding over blueberries.

[Confessionals]