Filler: Drama on Stage

I was walking to a small cafe where Chris told me to see him, it's been a few months and we became close. Chris told me about the he had band and I really wanted to watch him play.

I stood up front where at the cafe entrance, "Open mic, today." I read and sighed, "For you McLean."

I stepped in and was greeted by the owner. I smiled and was taken to a table, I was up front the little stage.

"You're here for the open mic?" The waiter asked, taking out his notepad.

"Yes, a friend of mine is playing today."

"Alright, so what will it be?"

"Just some hot chocolate and a muffin." I said handing him the menu once he jot that down.

"Alright, I'll be right with you." He took the menu and left.

I sighed and put my cheek on my hand.

"Is it okay if I sit here?"

I perked up, I saw a very cute girl standing next to the empty chair.

"Sure, I don't mind."

"Thanks, I'm Rosie, Roise Delin." She said. "We go to the same school."

"Uh, alright, I'm Jay Morales. I don't think I've seen you around school."

"Oh, no, I'm usually at the library. The assistant there." She smiled.

"Oh, right..." I had no clue who the hell she was.

"So do you come to this cafe often, I heard the coffee here is great."

"Not really, I'm just here for the open mic." I said gesturing to the small stage.

"Oh, I see. You really don't seem like the type to like this stuff."

I glanced at her, "My tastes have changed."

"Yes, I know, um... You've really changed, ever since you have been hanging around Chris McLean."

"Mhm, he's a good friend of mine now." I said, now hoping the waiter would come and disrupt our conversation.

"I've noticed... Jay you used to go to the library a lot and you look different. I mean... Look at you, wearing punk clothes a-and your hair, it used to be so neat."

I furrowned my eyebrows and bit my tongue so I don't say anything.

"Sir, here you go, one hot chocolate and a muffin. Enjoy your time here." The waiter left.

"Wait... But you still like stuff like that, m-maybe there's still a chance before you leave school or something."

I took a sip of my drink and looked at her straight in the eyes. I put my cup down, then I spoke, "Look here, miss Delin, I am still Jay Morales, and just because I now express what I want with clothing and hairstyles doesn't mean I am being taken on the wrong path."

Roise looked at me a little angered, "Everyone says that until one day they actually are doing something horrible. I really am trying to help you, McLean isn't a good influence!"

"And what do you know about him? Hm? Tell me."

"Jay there's rumors everywhere that he's a gang member and is trying to get you to join. And so far it looks like the rumors are true!"

"Ha! Rumors made by 12 year olds, that don't know anything. Miss Delin, stop talking nonsense, and if anything he's being a great influence to me and my school life."

"Oh my gosh, he's really got you around his finger... Jay please, listen, if you are in trouble just come to me. I'll help you." She said taking my hand.