Chapter 7: A Nice Chat, Hufflepuff Friends, and the Slytherpuff System

Harry, now Hadrian awoke the next morning feeling drowsy but his magic felt less tense. He hadn't even realized that his magic felt tense and restrained until he realized how freeing it currently feels. Then, the events of the previous day's 'detention' came crashing down and remembered that he has a conversation to hold with his dorm mates about him being a parselmouth.

He scanned the room and his eyes landed on the two sleeping figures with their covers pulled up, sleeping comfortably. He cast a tempus, deemed 7:00 a suitable time to wake up, and decided to have some fun. He shot a small burst of water at both their faces simultaneously, and was surprised at how much easier it was to control his elemental talents now that the binds on his magical core have been removed. He could feel a greater concentration of magic gathering in his skin and his magic reaching out to form a better connection with the ambient magic. The use of his talent gave him a rush of excitement and wonder, it just felt so good. The sound of groaning snapped him out of his thoughts.

"I swear, if you spray even one more blast of water at me, I will learn how to place a fire ward around my bed" Blaise mumbled.

"Good morning to you too!" Hadrian chirped, sounding way too cheerful for the statement to have been genuine.

"Bloody hell! What was that for?" Theo grumbled nearly incoherently into his pillow.

"Well, I did promise the two of you a talk yesterday! So, the both of you have five minutes to wake up before we start our talk" Hadrian said, still with his cheerful tone.

Ten minutes later, and the two were finally awake enough to hold a conversation.

"So... Any questions?"

"When did you find out that you were a parselmouth?" Theo asked.

"About two and a half months before Hogwarts" Hadrian answered plainly, anticipating more challenging questions to come and so he added "but the how, is a funny story."

"Alright then," Blaise said, "How did you find out?"

"On my cousin Dudley's eleventh birthday, my muggle relatives and I went to the zoo. We went to the reptiles section of the zoo and lying there on a rock, all alone in the enclosure was a boa constrictor. My cousin and uncle kept trying to get it to move it kept pretending to be asleep so they got bored of it. I went up to it and had a few words with it before my cousin knocked me out of the way to speak to the snake. By purely accidental magic, I made the glass disappear, making my cousin and his friend fall into the enclosure before the glass reappeared. The snake then said something like 'Brazil here I come' then left." Hadrian said laughing, when he thought back to it now, it was rather funny. To make it even better, he suggested "I'll show you two the memory!"

He pulled his wand out and put it to his temple, pulled a silvery substance from there before pointing his wand into the air and muttering "pensieve memoire engorgio!"

His two dorm mates watched in thinly disguised awe as the memory slowly increased in size until it nearly covered an entire wall. They laughed at the right moments and when the memory finished, they watched him with solemn expressions.

"What?" Hadrian asked, not expecting the expressions they wore.

"What did the muggles do to you after that?" Theo asked seriously.

"What makes you think they did anything?" Hadrian said, in an effort to deflect the question.

"Really Harry? With all the proof given in the hospital wing on how you were treated by your muggle relatives, did you think we would have thought they would leave you alone?" Blaise explained.