Chapter 10: Holidays

After the Sirius Black fiasco, things went back to normal, or to Harry- oddness. His godfather was still in St. Mungos recovering from the decade's worth of dementor exposure. Harry had a feeling that the recovery process will be a lot longer than he can anticipate. During the month in which Sirius had been freed from Azkaban, he'd written to Harry three times. One to introduce himself, another to inform him of his progress at St. Mungos, the last one as a request to meet him when he has returned to full health.

  "Huh" Harry said as he opened the present he got from his muggle relatives "I got a lovely fifty pence from my Aunt and Uncle, should probably write a letter to tell them how grateful I am of their overwhelming generosity" Harry drawled heavily.

  It was currently Christmas or Yule as Tom has taken to call it. Harry, after reading the books he was given at the beginning of the year on traditions and etiquette understood why but found it difficult to break the habit. They chose to stay at Hogwarts seeing as the both of them enjoy the emptiness and peace of the castle during this time.

"Oh?" Tom asked, an elegant eyebrow raised at the question. "And what do you suppose would be an appropriate action to take towards it?"

"Hmm, I forgot to send them a Christmas gift, how disrespectful of me" Harry drawled before he gave a devious smirk "What do you suppose I should send them?"

"Oh something nasty for sure" Tom said with a shark-like grin.

"But innocent enough to not get caught" Harry added.

"Aw, I was so gonna send him the Hand of Glory" Tom drawled sarcastically.

"We have to target my cousin as my aunt and uncle are the ones who are overly suspicious of our kind. My cousin on the other hand, doesn't care as long as it's a present for him. But do not hurt him," Harry explained, ending in a warning tone.

"Why not? He has hurt you."

"Yes, but he's like a muggle Draco Malfoy, he doesn't understand anything other than what his parents say. He doesn't think for himself and if we send him scawy fweaky fings, then they will take it out on me" Harry shot back.

"How? You're not going back to them this summer, I'm your guardian" Tom asked.

"I have to at least pretend to be going back, you know, meddling old fool and all?" Harry asked sardonically.

"He doesn't get to tell you what to do seeing as he's no longer your magical guardian" Tom retorted dangerously.

"Do you want him to know that you're my magical guardian so early on in the chess game Tom?" Harry replied in the same tone.

"Why would it matter? You're mine!" Tom growled possessively.

"I'm not an object Tom!"

"No, but you're still mine!"

"No Tom, tell me" Harry started in a daunting voice as he got up, the shade from his hair obscuring the sides of his face, eyes glowing, "do you really see me as a friend or some disposable particles that you want to please?"

"I-" Tom stuttered not knowing how to answer, so instead he deflected the question. "Why are you asking me this? Are you ashamed of being mine?"

  Harry gaped, really, that man was infuriating. "Now why are you asking me that then?" he asked calmly once he regained his senses. It wouldn't do to be mad in front of Tom, it would just set the both of them off and cause an unsurmountable amount of damage.

"Why are you asking me this?" Tom replied coolly, "tell me"

"I'm tempted not to"

"Tell. Me."