Chapter 8: The Philosopher's Stone

AN- Hello!  For this chapter, I'm well aware that the Mirror of Erised was not one of the traps at the point this chapter took place.  Due of my need for more character development however, I made it so.  Whether the Philosopher's Stone was behind all the traps or in the Mirror of Erised, I'm not sure, but logically, the Philosopher's stone would be put behind all the professor's defenses.  That's all, enjoy the chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Tell me" Hadrian hissed sharply "why didn't we just apparate to the front of the mirror of Erised?" Hadrian asked. They were currently standing on the chessboard part of the path to the Philosopher's Stone, having crossed the cerberus, devil's snare, and flying keys.

"Because little Harry, teaching little witches and wizards can get very boring- they're not as fun to insult or compliment for that matter. I need some action, even if the action came from traps that three first years could get through. Besides, I get to make fun of Dumb-ol'-Door for his pathetic traps at our next duel, maybe even insult good ol' Minnie!" Voldemort said. Tom had told him in one of their nightly chats about Minerva McGonagall in her school days as a transfiguration prodigy.

"So, we are going through all this, for the sake of your entertainment" Harry deadpanned.

"Funny you should put it like that, why can't I just want to spend time with you" Voldemort said as he destroyed another white pawn, probably imagining it as some light wizard or something like that.

  Harry snorted "Hmm, funny you should put it like that" Harry said, throwing Voldemort's words back at him. "I doubt that this is just to spend time with me, I'm not very good entertainment after all." Another boom was heard as Voldemort destroyed yet another white pawn.

"Oh, I can make this very entertaining."

"Oh? And how would you go about doing that?"

"Say Harry, would you like to play the game of chess?"

"No"

"Oh yes, you leading in this game of chess can be very entertaining. Getting all the black pawns involved, then forgetting the objective of the game and losing."

"I do not lose."

"Luckily, I value the lives of the both of us and I am absolutely certain that you would get us both killed, should you be the one playing."

"I'm not that bad, and it's not like you're gonna get us off of this board anytime soon. I don't see why we couldn't just blow it up" Harry pouted, because he wasn't really that bad.

"Checkmate" Voldemort said smugly as he checked his opponent's king. "And you said what darling?" He turned to find Harry staring at him in open mouth surprise.

"Whatever Snakeface"

"Now now, we both know that I don't look like that anymore" Voldemort chided mockingly as he took conjured a rock to throw at the troll's head.

"Doesn't mean you never looked like that"Harry retorted as he released a burst of water at the troll's legs and froze them there.

"Yes, but the point is that I don't look like that anymore." Another hit with the rock at the troll watching as it dropped to the ground.

"I never specified when it mattered." Another burst of water, freezing the troll shoulders to the ground.

"Hush Harry" Voldemort said as he finally got the riddle from Snape at record's speeds. He remembered the potion but he supposed that he should have some fun.