Chapter 11: Rest of First Year Featuring Conversations Between Tom and Harry

So here was the thing, Tom Riddle was a very possessive human being, and Harry knew that. He knew the reason to his extremely possessive behavior well, very well, in fact, sometimes Harry could relate to that. Both had faced terrible childhoods and so avoided talking about them at all cost.

Tom Riddle also struggled with his emotions quite a lot and add in the entire time travel ordeal, Harry knew that Tom would break soon if he didn't seek help. If he were being honest with himself, he found that it hurt that Tom wouldn't talk to him about it, it's not like he would judge him. He was rather fond of Tom and he knew that Tom was rather fond of him too but would go to extreme lengths to deny this.

Sometimes, Harry seriously worries about Tom's mental health. It's a wonder that Tom hasn't gone on a murdering rampage yet with his unstable sanity. He knew Tom wasn't on a murdering rampage because Tom can't actually lie to him due to them being soulmates. That actually explained Voldemort's behavior in his last life, he would have thought Voldemort, being the villain that he was, would lie just to watch him fall. Anyway, that life was over, he was living a new one. A talk was due soon and they both knew it. So it was with a heavy heart, that Harry sat Tom down on the night of March 13th to talk. If something went wrong, they'd have the weekend to heal.

They were currently in their mindscapes. Both attempting some light reading after an informative lesson on parselmagic.

"Tom?" Harry asked carefully.

"Hmm" was the absentminded reply and Harry gritted his teeth at Tom's insistence of making this difficult.

"Tom?"

"Hmmm" was the irritated but just as absentminded reply.

"Tom?" this was the last time before he would explode.

"Yes?" was still absentminded.

"TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE!" Harry yelled. "LOOK AT ME!" Tom startled then looked at him "we need to talk."

Tom, sensing the sombre mood, immediately paid Harry his attention. "About what?" he asked coldly, already dreading the outcome of this conversation.

It was a testament of how distracted Harry was that he didn't even flinch at the cold tone, instead he softly said "you are losing your touch."

"You dare" he hissed irritated, he's been losing control over his emotions recently.

"And that's exactly what I'm talking about! Did you forget who you were talking to in that moment? Of course I dare, you're losing your touch." Harry stated firmly, eyes glowing.

"What do you want me to do then, poison myself by overdosing on calming draughts. If your intention was to make me want to off myself, then I apologize for not complying. This conversation is over" he hissed coldly as he got up to move somewhere else but a hand stopped him from doing so. "Release me."

"No, you should know better than anyone that that's the last thing I'm willing to do" Harry said, eyes alight with determination. He needed Tom to talk lest he burst from all the pressure.

"Let go" he repeated.

"I'm worried"

"Let. Go."

"Tom, you need to talk about your mental state, lest you completely lose yourself and I won't have it!" Harry yelled firmly, sounding desperate now.

Tom stopped struggling but he didn't look any less cold. "You want me to talk about it" he snarled dubiously, with a mad glint in his eyes "you want me to tell you how difficult it has been for me so you can what? Leave me when vulnerable?"