4/ Eir

I went with Bruce and Rocket to Norway, the both of them hoping I could convince Thor to join us if they couldn't. We stopped at a small town on a port named New Asgard. We looked around at the remaining Asgardians, living like normal humans at a port.

"Kind of a step down from a from a golden palace for an Avenger highness and whatnot," Rocket states.

"Have a little compassion, pal," Bruce tells him. "First they've lost Asgard, then half the people. They're probably just happy to have a home"

Valkyrie spotted us and walked over. "You shouldn't have come!"

"Aaaaahhh Valkyrie! Great to see you, Angry woman!"

"I think I liked you better either of the other ways"

"This is Rocket," Bruce says, motioning to Rocket.

"How you doin'?" Rocket asks.

Valkyrie eyes Rocket. "He won't see you"

"That bad, huh?" Bruce asks.

"We only see him once a month, when he comes for..." she drifted off, looking over to a pile of kegs of stout and other beer on the side. "... supplies"

"It's that bad," Rocket says.

"Yeah," Bruce agrees.

When we got to Thor's house Rocket opened the door, all of us walking through it. I waited in the small front entrance while the others walked in.

Rocket grimaced at the smell. "What the... Woo! Something died in here. Hello? Thor?"

"Are you here about the cable?" Thor asked from another room.

"The Cinemax ran out about two weeks ago, and the sports were all kind of fuzzy," Thor said, but then he noticed Bruce and Rocket standing there and brightened up. "Boys! Oh my God! Where have you been?" He then tried to hug Rocket. "Come here, you little rascal!"

"No, I'm good. I'm good. That's not necessary," Rocket told him.

"Hulk, you know my friends, Miek, Korg, right?"

I glanced into the room for a second and saw Miek and Korg were sitting on a couch, PlayStation controller in hand, playing Fortnite and eating chips.

"Hey, long time no see," Bruce says.

"Hey guys. Beer's on the bucket. Feel free to log on to the Wi-Fi. No password, obviously," Korg said, then went back to the game. "Thor, he's back. The kid on the TV that called me a dickhead again"

"Noobmaster?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, Noobmaster69"

Thor went over to Korg and took his headphones, speaking into the mic. "Noobmaster? Yeah, it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder? Listen, buddy. If you don't log off this game immediately, I'm gonna fly over to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in, rip off your arms then shove them up your butt! Oh, that's right. Yes, now go cry to your father, you little weasel!"

"Thank you, Thor"

"Let me know if he bothers you again, okay?"

"Thank you very much. I will"

"So you guys want a drink? What are you drinking? We have beer, tequila, all sorts of things," I could hear Thor open a bottle.

"Buddy, you all right?" Bruce asks.

"Yes, I'm fine! Why, don't I look all right?"

"You look like melted ice cream," Rocket tells him.

Thor laughs. "So, what's up?"

"We need your help. There might be a chance we could fix everything," Bruce tells him.

"What, like the cable?," He burps. "Cause that's been driving me bananas for weeks.

"Like Thanos"

"Don't you say that name," Thor said lowly.

"Um, yeah. We don't actually say that name in here," Korg tells them.

"Now, I know that... guy might scare you," Bruce says.

"Why would I be? Why would, why would I be scared of that guy? I'm the one who killed that guy, remember? Anyone else here killed that guy? Nope. Didn't think so. Korg, why don't you, tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off," Thor says.

"Umm... Stormbreaker?" Korg asks.

"Now, who's swingin' Stormbreaker?"

"I get it. You're in a rough spot, okay? I've been there myself. You wanna know who helped me out of it?" Bruce asks.

"I don't know. Is it... Natasha?"

"It was you. You helped me"

"Why don't you ask the, Asgardians down there, how much my help was worth. The ones that are left, anyway.

"I think we can bring them back"

"Stop. Just, stop..." he opens a pack of m&ms. "I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity, waiting to be rescued and and saved. But I'm fine, okay? We're fine, aren't we?"

"Nah, all good here, mate!" Korg says.

"So, whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it, don't care, couldn't care less. Goodbye. Oh, and say hi to Eir for me, if you still see her. I don't know what she's up to these days"

"How long has it been since you saw her?" Bruce asks.

"Eir helped us, she helped me start this community with the Asgardians that survived maybe 3 years ago, but then she left to help people in bigger cities"

I stepped into the room, looking around, after he had mentioned me. Thor's eyes widened and I noticed how much he had changed. His hair had grown long, as well as his beard, his weight gain, and the messy look he was wearing. I could see why Rocket said he looked like melted ice cream.

"I left because you changed. After what happened with Thanos, after you killed him, you no longer had any sort of purpose. That's the way it seemed"

"E-Eir," he stuttered.

"I'd say it's good to see you, Thor, but it isn't. I'm not here for a visit, I'm here because they've finally figured it all out"

"We need you, pal," Bruce says.

Thor shakes his head and ignores Bruce.

"After all this time, you're just gonna run?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

"After everything we went through I realized running is the only option," he told me.

Rocket crosses his arms. "There's beer on the ship"

Thor paused, but didn't look up. "What kind?"