12/ Hannah

After everything that happened I brought Saga to the cottage, wanting to introduce her to her little sister.

"Saga, meet Morgan," I say, Morgan in my arms.

"I have a little sister?" Saga asks faintly in disbelief.

"Yeah"

A day later we were all gathered at the cottage for Tony's funeral. Saga, Morgan and I sat on the couch, watching a recording left on Tony's helmet.

"Everybody wants a happy ending. Right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time," Tony's hologram said. "I'm hoping if you play this back... it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back, in somewhat like a normal version of this planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing"

He paused.

"God, what a world. Universe now. If you told me 10 years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent... I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know. That epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or for worse, that's the reality Morgan's going to find a way to grow up in. So I found a private area to record a little greeting in case of untimely death on my part. Not that death at any time is ever timely"

In the background I could hear my voice, calling out to Tony. He turned around, looking at a door we couldn't see, then back to his helmet. He looked up, seemingly looking directly at me.

"I'm sorry, Hannah. I never wanted to put you through this," his eyes moved away from mine, then he looked at Saga, "Hey, you, don't give up, okay?" His eyes moved to look at the ground. "This time travel thing that we are going to pull off tomorrow... it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of this whole thing. But then again that's the hero gig"

I stuck my head into the hologram, finally finding Tony, showing up in his hologram. At the time, I hadn't heard him talking, he stopped because he heard me come in.

"What are you doing?" I asked, putting an arm around his shoulders.

"Oh, just, making a video for future Morgan"

"Why?" I asked, not knowing he was lying.

"So she'll know what all of us did to save her and the universe"

I leaned down, kissed him, we both said I love you and goodnight, then I left. Tony sighed, running a hand over his face.

"Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything is going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to," his eyes drifted over to Morgan's. "I love you 3000"

Everyone went outside the cottage. I carried a wreath out of the house to an audience waiting outside. I laid the wreath on the lake, on top of it was Tony's first arc reactor. Saga and I knelt with Morgan standing in between us.

A couple days later I was driving us back to the cottage after having supper with some of the other heroes.

Peter picked up the sleeping Morgan out of the back of the car, letting her rest on his hip, carrying her over to the house. Saga remained by the car, watching him walk away. I stood by her then wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"He's a good kid, your father definitely saw that in him," I tell her.

Saga walked away, going to the house. I watched her walk straight through the living room, past Peter who was laying Morgan down on the couch. He looked up at her and smiled but she ignored him. I sighed, looking up at the sky.

"I'm sorry, Tony, I don't know if I can do it. I mean, I'm trying. But since you've been gone it's gotten so hard. Saga... in the short time she's changed now that you're gone. Morgan is doing fine, but soon she'll question everything"

When I went inside I saw Peter sitting in the dinning room, just staring at his hands. I sighed and went up to the spare room that was turned into Saga's room.

"Saga..."

"Hannah, how can you be so fine after he just died? He gave his life to save ours and you're just fine with all that?!" She nearly yelled.

"You changed"

"People change when they're hurt"

"We all deal with things our own way. And another thing, before you do anything you regret in the future. Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter or broken. Hush until you're healed"

She sighs, nodding. "Sorry. I've just... I've just been through so much recently"

I went over to hug her. Saga wrapped her arms around me, accepting the hug.

"I know. But you got Peter back. You're back! Don't distance yourself, especially not from those you love"

"I got this," she said with tears in her eyes.

We went downstairs and saw Morgan sitting up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"What's up, little Stark?" Peter whispers, crouching down in front of Morgan.

"I think it's time to put her to bed. I'll bring you home when she's settled down, Peter"

He nodded and I carried Morgan up to her bedroom. On my way back down I heard Saga and Peter saying goodbye.

"We ready to go?" I ask.

Peter nods. "Yeah"