1

Walking through the hallway of the building, you couldn't get rid of the conversation that took place early this morning. It wasn't something you could have gotten off your mind so easily.

"What the heck is going on?" you murmured, still hiding under the covers, "And... And I thought you were a guy..."

"We won't speak of this again, " Yelena buttoned up her shirt, "and we don't speak about me being a 'woman.'"

"Huh, why?" You questioned.

"Because I said so. It's an order," She said, walking out the room, leaving you all alone

Your flashback was interrupted when someone called your name.

"Hey! (Y/n)!" Sasha's distant voice called for you.

"Yeah?" You asked.

"Where were you last night?" Sasha asked you, "I couldn't find you anywhere at the party."

Finding an excuse, you said sheepishly, "I went home early, I think I ate too much that's why?"

"Haha! Yeah, you do eat a lot, " She confirmed. She had no right to say that, you thought.

"By the way," She said, "Mr. Fanboy is calling you."

"Mr. Fanboy?" You resaid.

"Yeah," Sasha skipped to Connie, "Anyway, see ya later at lunch!" You had forgotten that she called Yelena Mr. Fanboy. He... She was a major fan of Zeke Yeager and his half-brother. Hearing the 'Mr,' you figured you were the only one who knew that 'he' was a 'she.'

Arriving at the president's office, you knocked on the door of the room.

"Come in," Yelena spoke from the other side. You entered, closing the door behind you and sitting down on the chair across from her.

"What did you call me for, ma'a- sir?" You asked.

Yelena shuffled closer, distance still blocked by her desk, "Have you been doing what I told you not to do?"

"What you told me not to do..?" You pondered, "Oh, yes of course. I mean, of course not!" Things have become awkward now that you knew about Yelena's secret.

Her gaze was still locked onto your form. The silence was awkward, at least to you. Finally, she said, "Then who did, I'm certainly sure you're the only one who knows."

"Maybe someone eavesdropped on our conversation," You said.

"How so?" She asked, "Who would go that far to figure out my gender?"

You answered with a question, "Who'd want to find out your gender? " The question piqued Yelena's interest. You continued, "Since everyone thinks you're a guy, who'd be suspicious of your gender. "

Yelena sighed, a hand slightly covering her mouth and in thought, "I may have an idea. You're dismissed. "

You sat up and walked out of the office. Before closing the door, Yelena said, "And there is paperwork on your desk that needs to be checked. "

You sighed, "Of course." You almost forgot that break time had ended already. The conversation felt like an interview, but it was you who was interviewing the client. You were the detective and she was the client. You felt like a detective, like back when you were a kid. Being one gave you courage. It was both a nostalgic and blurry memory.

Falling back into your chair, one hand rested on your forehead.

"Ugh, time to get back to work," you mumbled, sitting up straight. Staring at the pile of papers, you groaned again, "Ugh..."