Chapter Eleven

Damon follows Cassandra up the porch steps of the Gilbert house. He's been pretty quiet as they walked back, and she didn't really want to start up a conversation whilst her head hurt as much as it does, she's also very wet and her clothes are sticky and heavy. She's really not in the mood for small talk right about now. She turns to face him when she reaches the top step, frowns at him.

"You keep popping up..." She comments, he nods.

"I do" He agrees, she scrunches her nose and cocks her head. He can see she's still trying to work it all out. Wondering why he is being nice to her. It's all a little amusing really. "You're still trying to figure it out, aren't you?" He teases with a smirk. 

"Of course I am" She answers. "You and your brother bother me" She admits. He frowns a little at that. 'Bother' imply that she's sensing something from both of them. And if so, maybe she has some level of psychic powers like Ally did. Ally always seemed to know more than anyone showed, a sly look here, a muttered comment there. It was always amusing to him. When it was happening to someone else, now it is happening to him. 

"Bother you?" He repeats slowly, she shrugs.

"Yeah..."

"How so?" He asks.

"I don't know yet" She answers as she looks over him. There is something about him and Stefan. It keeps pinging in her head for her to be careful around them. To keep Elena away from them. But she doesn't understand why she feels that way. She sighs and shakes her head. "Look, I guess I should thank you" She offers as she opens the door behind her. "For yesterday...and tonight...You want a drink or something? I can see what we have in...."

"No" He answers. "Thanks, but you do actually need someone to look at that head wound..." He motions to her head, she sighs and nods. She is going to need her cleaning it and doesn't want to turn to Jenna, she's got enough going on without having to worry about Cassandra even more than she probably already is.

"Fine" She caves a little. "I suppose as you are here..." She heads into the house. Damon moves to follow her, only to stop before he can enter the house. He pauses in the doorway, eyes scanning around the threshold as Cassandra shrugs out of her wet coat, she frowns and looks back at Damon. "It's cold and raining, get in here and shut the door" She tells him, he steps through the door and smirks, closes the door behind him. "I think there is a first aid kit in the bathroom upstairs" She offers.

.........

The light of the upstairs bathroom flickers to life as Cassandra digs around in the cabinet under the bathroom sink trying to find the old first aid kit. None of them have needed it but she knows there is one in here somewhere. Her fingers grasp onto the kit and pulls it out. It seems to still be in one piece. She turns to find Damon behind her in the bathroom doorway. She jumps a little, almost dropping the kit in her hand. She shoots him an annoyed look but he ignores it, instead he takes the kit from her.

"Sit" He nods to the edge of the bath and she sighs a little, moving to take a seat there with her back to him. Damon sets the bowl down, basically ignoring it. There is a squelching noise as he bites into his own wrist. Cassandra pulls a face and cocks her head. He stops her from turning around with a hand on his shoulder. He holds his other wrist over her head wound and drops a few of his blood into her cut. It's not as bad as it could have been. He watches as the wound heals and then pulls her hair back, draping it over one shoulder. She's frowning. A little confused by the attention he is paying her. "You have a lovely neck" He comments. She spins around.

"Excuse me?" She snaps a little.

"I said you have a lovely home" He tells her, she narrows her eyes at him.

"Thank for the help, but I think I can handle it from here" She stands from the edge of the bath. He hums a little and stands too.

"See you around" He offers with a smirk before he leaves. Cassandra lets out a breath and uses her powers to shut the bathroom door as she sits on the closed toilet seat. She knows what she heard. It was creepy.

"Right?" She vocalises to herself as she frowns. What is it with weird new people moving into town?

...............

Cassandra uses a towel to dry her hair, she'd wanted to get the blood out of her hair. It didn't hurt as much as she thought it would. She has a slight headache but nothing else. Something about this isn't sitting well with her. Something in her gut telling her that it's not as it seems. She doesn't know what is happening around her. Because something is happening. She holds up her hand and lets the red energy whirl around. Since her powers. Since the crash. The death of her parents. Everything has been spiralling since that moment. 

A/N -

- I WAS GIVEN A GREAT IDEA FOR THE COLOR OF THE GIRLS' POWERS. IDA'S ARE YELLOW. ALLY'S ARE ORANGE. CAS' ARE RED. EACH DOPPELGANGER THAT APPEARS FROM THE CHAOS MAGIC BLOODLINE HAS STRONGER MAGIC THAN THE DOPPELGANGER THAT CAME BEFORE AND THE COLOR REFLECTS THIS. SO IDA'S MAGIC IS WEAKER THAN ALLY'S AND BOTH ARE WEAKER THAN CAS. 

- SO I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING TO SEND CAS OVER THE EDGE AFTER DAMON'S DEATH, AND I NARROWED IT DOWN TO THREE THINGS:

1. Deed to a house (As Elena burns down the Gilbert house, Cas will likely be living with the Salavatores in that big house much as Elena is, but maybe Damon planned on them having their own little place (like Vision and Wanda)

2. Engagement Ring (Cas finds an engagement ring among Damon's things at the Boarding House, showing where their relationship would have been going)

3. A Love Letter (Cas finds a letter to herself in Damon's things. Proclamations of love etc)

- I ALSO CHANGED MY MIND ON CAS' BEDROOM. (I see her having shared with Elena until the car accident and then would have wanted her own room as she pulled away from everyone. So she ended up in what was Grayson's office, and therefore a lot smaller than Jeremy and Elena's bedrooms, and more fitting for the size of the house)

 So she ended up in what was Grayson's office, and therefore a lot smaller than Jeremy and Elena's bedrooms, and more fitting for the size of the house)