Chapter Thirty-One

A/N – I know I have bombarded you with a lot of plot questions, but I just want to have everything planned out so I don't get lost off and I don't waste any easter egg moments. And I do have another question; if Damon had a job, what do you guys think it would be? I did try and Goggle what he did after he became human but I don't think we ever find out if he went on to have a human career. Also would like ideas regarding Cassie's dream job, we know Elena wants to become a doctor, but I didn't just want to copy that.

Cassandra sits on the edge of her bed, feet half into boots as she gets ready for the day. She hadn't slept any more after Damon left, instead just lay there staring up at her glow in the dark stars. After she moved into the room she wanted to put her mark on it. The plants. The stars. It was just her way of claiming the former office. Mostly so it didn't remind her of the fact that it was their father's office before his death. Elena has just finished telling her that she's going to the Salvatore Boarding House. Cassandra is unsure why she would want to for starters. Or why she would go to a vampire's nest.

"On your own?" Cassandra asks her, Elena gives her a confused look. "They're...vampires" She dramatically whispers to her sister. "You don't just walk up to their lair and knock on the door....."

"I just...want to check up on things," Elena tells her. "Check on..."

"Stefan?" Cassandra asks, Elena shrugs a little and looks down. "Yeah, yeah, I get it....you got a giant lady boner for him" Elena looks at her sister sharply. "What was it? Boner too far?"

"Yeah" Elena agrees. Cassandra shrugs a little, not really all that apologetic.

"Look...The closer you get to him, the more at risk you are and the more at risk those around you are, which, you know, includes me" Cassandra reminds her. "Just want you to be careful"

"I will be" Elena promises.

"I know you will be...because" Cassandra starts and then shrugs a little "Because I'll go with you" Elena sighs and then shrugs, because Cassandra is stubborn and has clearly already made up her mind about this. Elena can see it in her eyes. And it does make Elena feel better about going to a vampire house if she has her sister at her side with her. Everything always feels better with Cassandra at her side.

...........

Cassandra locks her jeep as she and Elena head towards the boarding house. The last time she was here, she was unlocking that cell to release Damon. She knows she shouldn't have. She knows that those people that died at the graveyard, that Damon attacked, it is all on her. She's trying really hard not to linger on that. She doesn't want to linger on that.

"This house just seems extra creepy now we know" Cassandra comments, Elena snorts a little but nods in agreement. She's not wrong. There is something else about the old big creepy house. A darker tone to it. Creepier. Reaching the front door, Cassandra reaches up and presses the doorbell before swinging her arms at her side. Elena takes a deep breath. Damon opens the door and raises an eyebrow at the two of them stood there.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena instantly lets out before he can even greet them.

"Yep," Damon answers, his eyes on Cassandra who raises an eyebrow at him.

"Where is he?" Elena counters. Damon looks at her now, noting there is a tone to her voice.
"And good morning to you, little miss 'I'm on a mission'" He comments.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?"

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" He counters as he leans on the door.