Chapter 2: Welcome to Mor Ardain

"Alright let's get down to business", I pull out the sword and ether shield I bought earlier. Luckily the shield's main base is a bracelet, so I don't have to hold it in my hand. However, before I could even react, Zenobia and Raye have already bolted past me and straight for the army of tirkins ahead of us. "Hey, what happened to not showing out on my first mission guys?"

"Sorry bro, you know my urge to fight is pretty strong, although these guys aren't much of a challenge," Zenobia exclaims as she continues to massacre the enemies. I guess I'll just have to do what I can in the meantime. I ran into the fray and start my little battles, but Zenobia was right, the tirkins were that much of a challenge, especially since I had a bit of training beforehand. The number of tirkins began to dwindle as the result of Zenobia's attacks. At some point, there was nothing on the ground but gold and some glimmering objects.

"Hey, Raye are these aux cores?" I asked in confusion since it was my first time seeing them up close. She walked over to me and picked them up to inspect them. She confirmed them to indeed be aux cores that blades can utilize.

"Yep these are indeed aux cores, but they're not very good, however, they are perfect for people who are new drivers," Raye explains to me in a rather sophisticated voice. It kinda surprised me since I never heard her talk like that before, for I'm more used to her being a goofball. Although I can't talk much since I can act like that sometimes too. "And since you don't have a blade, you're better off just selling these when we get back, so you can make some the money back. Come on let's go."

"Gotcha, hey Zenobia, how come you always want to fight stronger monsters than yourself?" I asked her, although I already knew the answer.

'Well to get stronger of course! Why would just sit around when I could better myself every day, who knows maybe I could be strong enough to fight the Aegis one day."

"The Aegis? But didn't they disappear a few centuries back?" I asked my sisters in bewilderment. The Aegis... I wonder what they were like in the past. There have been multiple rumors going around. The main one being that the Aegis was just a made-up story for kids who aspired to be heroes, although I and my sisters don't believe that.

"Yea they supposedly did, but you never know," Raye said aloud. The rest of the journey back was rather uneventful, excluding the occasional monster ambush from time to time. When we got back, the sun was setting, but Newt could still be seen training recruits. I remember when I was in their position. Stay strong warriors...stay strong.

"Hey let's go see the commander and report my first success! Although I do have to admit y'all carried me the entire time"

"What? Nah you handled yourself well out there, I was the same way when I got my first mission. You'll get better over time, trust me. Anyway, let's go see Escron so you can bag yourself that bag of gold you earned."

We continued to walk towards the office, luckily remembering where it was this time, but also passed by the medical area, where we saw some badly injured guild members. "Woah, what happened to them? None of the monsters in this area could do serious damage like that, could they?"

"I don't know, I'm gonna go check up on them, go ahead and see Commander Escron", Raye told me while Zenobia also stayed behind. I made my way to the commander's office. He seemed to be very focused on the documents on his table, with one having the seal of Mor Ardain.

"Ah Nick, I see you have returned from your mission, I'm guessing that the mission was a success?"

"Yes sir, although Zenobia took most of them out", The commander told me he had a feeling that would happen and handed me a slip that said I have completed the mission.