Chapter 13: New Torna

"Woah it never fails to surprise me how everything looks so small up here!" Raye says as she stands outside the ship with the wind flowing through her hair.

"You know, I don't think I like the view. My fear is of falling off!" I say as I carefully look over the guardrail. Yea, no I should probably take a step back before I fall over. I walk back a few steps and notice I bump into someone in the process. "Oh sorry I wasn't paying attention-" It was T-elos, who I could sense was near me but I was too scared from looking over the rail to notice.

"It's fine, just watch where you step. You don't want to fall over." Was she teasing me? I'll decide to let it slide this time. We decide to go to the internal part of the ship with Raye and Zenobia to where the others were sitting. We talk about our experiences so far until we hear something near the front of the ship.

"What going on?" Riku asks we all turn our heads toward the sound of the voice.

"It seems like the captain wants to make an announcement," Cadman responds. After it seemed like the captain finally got everyone's attention, he began his speech.

"We have just received word from the Agnian Queen that all ships must dock at New Torna for the time being, therefore, our original destination of Torigoth City has been changed. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"A detour puts a wrench in our original plan," Herald explains. "Torigoth is quite a ways away from New Torna with Agnus Territory is one of the largest regions in Alrest."

"Yea but we have no choice in the matter, once the ship docks, we'll just have to find the fastest way to get to Torigoth City. New Torna is the Royal capital, after all, they have to have some sort of transportation right?" Raye asks as we all process what we should do.

"Riku heard that Agnus cities so far apart that suitable way of travel is aircraft. That or could risk going by foot." Riku interjects.

"Walking there is fine by me! I've heard that Agnus has some pretty powerful monsters to fight, so at least we'll have fun if we run into one!" Zenobia exclaims.

"Don't you mean you would have fun, the rest of us would be trying not to die!" I respond.

"Well let's just hope that it doesn't come to that. For now, let's just wait until we reach the dock. Maybe we can even find out why our route got changed mid-flight." Cadman says in his usual calm tone.

"You're right! Alright, everyone! Onward to New Torna!" Raye exclaims while throwing her fists in the air. Everyone else on the ship turns in her direction. I honestly don't know how she's able to do that so openly.

***Timeskip brought by Zenobia doing pushups with Riku on her back***

"Hey, check it out! That's New Torna down there!" Raye says we look over the rail to see a massive city on the shore of a gigantic body of water. The ship finally made it to the dock where it was filled with people. However, we also noticed that there were people in what looked like royal uniforms approaching the ship as well.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask as the same people that now had boarded the ship. "Is there something wrong?"

"There is nothing to worry about. Due to recent events, we are under orders to search for anything suspicious in the ship's cargo. You are all free to leave afterward." Huh, I guess they heard about what happened in Tantal, or maybe even Mor Ardain? I'm not entirely sure. Whatever, I guess we have no choice but to wait. They scour the cabin while some go below the deck to where I guess the cargo is located, another was talking to the captain. However, I also saw some glaring at us. It was at that point it hit me that our group was some of the only people that had blades on the ship. One of them even got close enough to us as if they were trying to look at our blades' core crystals. Although it wasn't long before they walked away.