Chapter 9: History and Planning

"Welp it took walking a lot of blocks but we're finally here," Raye said happily. I don't understand how she can be so happy, my legs feel like they're going to melt. We walked across the entire town! I have to remember to work on my endurance.

"If you need a break, you can stay here for a minute," Herald said as it seemed like she was the first to notice me suffering. I try to get my breathing under control before answering.

"No, no I'm good. Besides this is the reason we came to Tantal in the first place. I can't stop now. Especially now I have two reasons to be here." T-elos glares at me and then looks away. Everyone seems to get the idea of what I'm talking about so I didn't have to explain it thankfully. "But first things first, we walk in there and talk to that librarian. We have to figure out where that gear belongs."

"You're right kid, we must stay on track," Cadman replies seemingly agreeing with my statement. We walk up the stairs and open the doors. This building was older than all of the other buildings around it just by looking at the architecture. However, when we walked in....oh boy the atmosphere was completely different. Everything was so technological. Holograms galore. Leftheria was a bit old-fashioned, so I was never used to seeing so much technology around me as there is in Tantal. Everyone was also surprised at what they were seeing. However, it wasn't all tech stuff, there were also plenty of areas with regular books, however, the sign next to them said soon to be digitized. I guess the librarian hasn't gotten around to them yet. Speaking of librarians..where are they?

"Ah, you must be the ones the princess told me about." A voice came from around the corner of one of the old bookcases that were scattered around with all the tech books and such. "Usually you're supposed to be quiet in the library, but today's a special occasion." The voice was that of a female. When she finally turned the corner, we all realized that she was a blade. Also, can I see through her? I decided not to say that out loud but it startled me.

"Ah, you must be Adenine right?" Cadman asked the Blade. She simply nodded and started to reply.

"Indeed I am, welcome to what I call, my space of expanding knowledge, but everybody else seems to call it a library. Now the princess mentioned you had something for me to look at!" Adenine seemed to say excitedly. Raye pulls the gear out of her pocket and hands it to Adenine. "Oh wow I have never seen one of these gears in person!" She then proceeded to dash down a lane of bookcases. It didn't take long before she disappeared from our eyesight.

"Do you think she went to go look for something?" I asked.

"Most likely, I've heard rumors that she generally gets like this when something intrigues her," Herald responded. "I guess we have no choice but to wait." Well while we're waiting I guess now would be a good time to Take T-elos to do the 'thing' we discussed earlier. T-elos looks at me and gets the same idea. I told the group that we were gonna walk around for a bit while we waited. I walked up to Raye and whispered in her ear what we were going to do and she nodded.

"Good luck with what you find out," She says to me as I nod and begin to walk in the opposite direction. T-elos followed behind me as we tried to navigate this large building. We soon find a directory map that says that Tantal's Blade History Vaults are on the top floor of the library, which sadly meant more walking. I look at the map and it says it has four floors, which means four flights of stairs to walk up.

"Four floors should be nothing for you," Huh? Is T-elos trying to encourage me?

"Heh easy for you to say, do Blades even get tired?"

"Of course, it's just that nothing is strong enough to tire me out," T-elos says confidently, almost arrogantly. Well, she's not completely wrong. All the fights we've been in have not been very taxing for her. Although me on the other hand... let's just say it would be convenient to have a water blade around sometimes. I was about to start walking when I saw something out of the corner of my eye.