Chapter 12: A Night in Argentum

"So what are you working on Riku?" I say as I peer over his shoulder." I noticed that Riku was actually quiet for most of the train ride so far. Although I can't say that I wasn't quiet either. Since T-elos was asleep I had nothing else to do but walk around the train.

"Oh just drawing plans for new idea Riku had!" It was a large piece of paper with a lot of words that I didn't fully understand. This engineering stuff is quite impressive. "Although enough of that, would Nick-Nick like to see other things Riku created?"

"Sure! I'm actually really interested in what you have!" Riku then pulled a lot of different devices out of his bag. It was so much that I began to wonder if his bag was really a bottomless hole. He began to explain each one and what it did, or at least what it was supposed to do. A lot of his inventions were actually in the process of being made or ended up not working at all. "Hey don't the failed inventions ever discourage you?"

"Of course, but Riku always bounce back. Time being sad is time being wasted not improving! Anyway, this one is special one! Riku plans to use this device as a way to utilize special properties of some rocks in Alrest." Riku handed me a device that was honestly kind of small for how ambitious it sounded.

"Riku this is honestly amazing! How come you never continued some of these?"

"Riku never had access to tools or parts that invention requires." That sucks, but a lot of these devices do seem like they need very complicated parts.

"You know if you ever need some rocks to test your device on you can ask Raye and Zenobia. They have a friend who's essentially a genius in geology."

"Yep, Agate is to rocks like Zenobia is to fighting," Raye says as she takes a seat across the aisle from Riku and me. However, after taking a quick peek in the cabin, I started to wonder where Zenobia even is. "She's shadow-boxing on top of the train."

"That's my sis always answering my questions before I even ask them. However, how did she get up there, and is she even allowed up there?" I replied.

"One, she flipped up from the window. Two, I don't even know." Fair enough, Zenobia is known to do crazy things. "We still have a couple of hours until we reach Argentum, so we should all get some rest, especially you Nick. I know you've been up this whole time." She ruffles my hair and she giggles and runs away before I retaliate.

"Dang it! Well, I guess she's right. We should probably get some rest. Your brain can't be on constantly you know."

"Oh that give Riku new idea for invention!" Riku pulls out a notepad and starts writing things down. I let out a chuckle and left Riku alone to brainstorm. I sit back down next to T-elos and try to get some rest before arriving in Argentum.

*Timeskip brought by Zenobia standing on top of the train*

I open my eyes to see a large cluster of lights. There was also the sound of moving around. We must be at Argentum, I look around me and notice that T-elos was still sitting next to me. "Oh I didn't realize that we were here already."

"Don't worry, we just got here anyway. Although we should get off before we are left behind." She has a point. We all get off the train and I get a good look at the large trade district in front of me. However, large was kind of an understatement. To be honest we weren't even really in Argentum yet.

"Alright all that's left is to get on the ferry," Raye exclaimed. Apparently, Argentum used to be on one flying titan. However, over time, it has gained so much traffic that it now has become three giant flying titans connected by bridges. The only way to get there is by taking the ferry system there. Even though the ferry ships are pretty big, it's amazing! After getting on the ferry it wasn't long before we made it to one of the giant titans.