Chapter 7: Strengths and Weaknesses

Amara then walked into the room some more and that's when I realized that...She was pretty clumsy. She tripped and fell on the ground in front of everybody. She then seemed to jump back up on her feet and continued with her strut into the room. That's when I got a good look at KOS-MOS and saw that she and T-elos seem to be similar in multiple ways.

"I have reminded you that you need to be careful master," KOS-MOS told Amara as they walked closer to us. Amara reacted with a sigh saying that she knew.

"It's not my fault! I told you I have bad luck! Anyway, I'm guessing you're her driver?" I didn't realize Amara was talking to me for a second as I sort of spaced out looking at KOS-MOS.

"Yes, I am! I'm Nick, a mercenary for the Vandham Guild!" She let out a laugh in response. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on at the moment.

"I kinda expected the Driver of the destruction blade to be more fierce. However, I'm glad it's someone who seems rather docile." She said as she put her arm around my shoulder.

"For someone my age you speak very maturely for your age," I replied.

"Master is much more childlike once you spend more time with her," KOS-MOS interjected. Amara to T-elos with what seemed like an embarrassed face. "Furthermore, it's been a while T-elos." As soon as KOS-MOS turned her attention to T-elos, I could feel T-elos get slightly tense.

"I just met you but something tells me we've met before and I suddenly feel annoyed." T-elos abruptly states, which shocks everyone. I didn't expect her to try and start a fight! That's Zenobia's thing! However, KOS-MOS kept her composure when speaking.

"I sometimes believe that you will never change T-elos." T-elos wanted to say something back but I stop her by interjecting into the conversation.

"So Amara, what do you mean when you called T-elos the Destruction Blade?" She then replied that she would show us later. The king then told us that we were free to go on with the rest of our night, and we could come to him if we need any help with our investigation of Mythra's whereabouts. Praxis and Theory were the ones to escort us back to our rooms. However, as I was about to walk in, Theory told me to come back to the castle for blade training tomorrow evening.

"Perun wants to make sure you can handle her power," Praxis said motioning towards T-elos. T-elos then smiles and steps up.

"Heh, so even the royal guard admires my strength, hmph as to be expected." She says that but I think they are more fearful of her strength not being controlled. However, I don't want to control her. Our hotel rooms were split between males and females this time to save money on rooms. This is when I realized that there were only two guys in our group.

"How're you holding up kid?" Cadman says as he sits down at the table with a drink in hand.

"I'm pretty good actually, although everything I'm hearing about T-elos today kind of scares me."

"About her being dubbed 'The Destruction Blade'?" I confirm his question and explain that everybody seems to know T-elos more than me, her actual driver. "Yea that tends to happen when a Blade like her has been around for a while. I've even heard about her and her abilities."

"T-elos isn't like that, sure she can be a bit cold and a bit ruthless while fighting, but I could never see her doing things to warrant a name like that."

"That's probably because you haven't unleashed her full potential yet, but the same goes for you as well. The power between Blade and Driver is much more than just the Blade. Sure they can be powerful on their own, but without being in sync with their driver, they can never be as strong as they can be."