Dreamland Opens Up

The TV played softly in the background. The living room was silent. Louisiana sat on the couch with DC on his lap, the fed slumbering away with a smile on his face as the southern state ran a hand through his hair. He hummed softly as DC buried his face in his leg, trying to soak in all of Louisiana as he slept, the worries and the stress of the day fading away.

"Gué-gué Solingaie,

Balliez chimin-là,

M'a dis li,

Oui, m'a dis li,

Calbasse, li connain parler

Calbasse, il connain parler" Louisiana whispered softly, watching his fingers go through DC's hair, the strands of brown getting caught then running through. His boyfriend was the most handsome man in the entire world, save for their other four boyfriends of course. His eyelashes were long, his eyes deep brown, how could anyone hurt this man?

"Gué-gué Solingaie,

Balliez chimin-là,

M'a dis li,

Oui, m'a dis li,

Cocodril, li connain chanter!

Cocodril, il connain chanter!" Louisiana continued, wishing to god that DC didn't have to leave for Washington in the morning. Ever since the Capitol riots, Louisiana had terrifying thoughts of DC getting hurt back at work, and he'd never get to see him ever again. Everytime DC left, Louisiana would send up a quick prayer to anyone who'd listen to protect his boyfriend and keep him from harm. He couldn't relive that terrible day, not again.

"Gué-gué Solingaie,

Balliez chimin-là,

M'a dis li,

Oui, m'a dis li,

Pichou, li connain trangler!

Pichou, li connain trangler!" DC sighed in contentment, rubbing his face against Louisiana's jeans. Louisiana wondered what the fed was dreaming about; was it him? Was he dreaming about their other boyfriends? Or was he finally feeling at peace? The southern state didn't think DC knew what the word "peace" meant, and it made him sad. If he could take DC out of this life, take him away from all government work, and give him a little house by the bayou where all he had to worry about was the occasional alligator, Louisiana would in a heartbeat. It's what he deserved.

The TV continued to play softly, Louisiana glanced up at the clock on the wall, sighing when he saw the time was getting closer and closer to DC having to leave. It was only for three days, Louisiana would tell himself, three days and DC would be back. But like when any of his boyfriends were gone, a piece of Louisiana's heart was missing everytime DC returned to Washington, and it couldn't be full again until he returned.

He was going to marry this boy, that was for sure.

Louisiana smiled and bent down and kissed DC, smiling against his lips as his body filled with warmth.

"Moi, je t'aime." Louisiana whispered leaning his head against the couch cushion and slowly falling asleep. Three days, three days and Louisiana would have DC in his arms again. Only three days, he could handle three days.

His love for DC was stronger than fear.