It's Quiet Uptown

A/N: Okay but out of all the New England states (I'm talking about the upper six here) New Hampshire's the asshole right? 

DC leaned against New York's body as they both laid on the couch, as New York spun some colorful slime around on his fingers. DC watched drowsily as New York stretched the slime over and over again, making the color look more and more pastel against the sunlight streaming in through the window.

Silently, New York handed the slime to DC, who curled it up in a ball and squished it against his hands. New York watched quickly, one hand running up and down the upper part of DC's arm as he played, before the fed handed the slime back to his boyfriend.

"What the hell are they doing?" Connecticut jumped at the voice behind him, and spun around to face New Hampshire.

"Would you be quiet?" Connecticut ordered.

"They've been sitting like that for hours, doesn't DC have work to do or something?" New Hampshire continued.

"DC got overly stressed out after a meeting with the cabinet, and New York had to go shopping with California, what do you think they're doing?" Connecticut hissed. New York started playing with the slime again, while DC yawned and snuggled against New York's chest. New York glanced down at his boyfriend and signed, DC drowsily signed back before falling asleep, and New York put the slime back in it's container and held him close.

"So....they both had an overload then?" New Hampshire asked.

"Wow, nice job genius you figured it out." Connecticut said rolling his eyes.

"How's your brother and his boyfriend gonna survive in the real world if they have to spend half the time doing....this." New Hampshire pointed out, as New York ran his hands through DC's hair.

"You shut the fuck up." Connecticut ordered whirling around to face the northeastern state.

"You know I have a point, DC's the head of the goddamn government he can't have shut downs like this." New Hampshire added.

"He's doing perfectly fucking fine, and clearly is my brother. You don't get to make those comments about them." Connecticut hissed. New Hampshire held up his hands, but his unsure expression remained on his face. Connecticut turned back around to see DC wake up briefly, and look at New York with a sleepy smile. The two leaned in to kiss, holding one another like they kept themselves tethered.

"Whatever, can't wait till the next election. What personality will DC have then." New Hampshire muttered walking off.

"Oh fuck off!" Connecitcut yelled following the northeastern state, leaving the two boyfriends in the living room. DC broke the kiss first and put his head back on New York's chest, continuing to slumber peacefully. New York kissed the top of the fed's head then leaned against the couch arm rest, slowly starting to fall asleep himself.

Sometimes the best thing to do was lean against each other for help.