Part 5: Consternation

"Hm?" You snapped your eyes to the right. It was faint, but while strolling around the school grounds, you swear you just saw something. Like some small black particle. But, it was out of sight so quickly. You might've imagined it, but you could never be sure...

  You tilted your hat down, walking with your hands in your hoodie pockets. It was nice, being alone all this time. You didn't have to worry about anyone trying to initiate conversation and screwing up this decent afternoon.

You watched student after student pass in the distance, keeping your own out of fear of confrontation.

  The day passed like this, with you avoiding any interaction as long as possible. Lunch came and passed, followed by dinner after a few hours, then finally...

  Ding, Dong, Bing, Bong...

  Bing, Bong, Ding, Dong!

  "Hic... This is an official announcement... from the Ultimate Academy... hic." Monokid stammered, holding onto a large pot of honey. Was he... drunk?

"As you can see, Monokid has had too much honey." Monotaro pointed out.

"He was really, really happy about Daddy's return." Monophanie said.

"Hic!* now let's play darts! Monodam can be the dartboard!" Monokid decided.

"And let's go bowling... Monodam can be the ball!" In response, Monodam was only as silent as he always has been.

  "By the way... which announcement were we making again?" Monosuke asked.

  "The nighttime announcement." Monophanie reminded him.

  "What, it's already that late? Then we should go to bed soon!" Monotaro decided.

  "Zzzzzzzz..." Monokid was already passed out, completely out of it.

  "Bedtime, Ursine!" The remaining Kubs declared, before the screens winked out, leaving you in your silent dorm room.

  Without any spare thought, you climbed into bed, hefting the covers over your head. And with darkness and silence all around, you slipped into the most peaceful slumber you could manage.

  ...

  ...

  Ding, Dong, Bing, Bong...

  Bing, Bong, Ding, Dong!

  Light streamed through the room as you sat up, staring at the tv screen the monokubs would show up on.

  "Rise and Shine, Ursine!"

  "Zzzzzzz..." Monokid was still passed out, the lid of his honey jar covering his face as he snored.

  "This is an official announcement from the Ultimate Academy." Monosuke stated.

  "It's is now 8 am! Time to wake up! Let's have a wonderful killing semester today!" Monotaro encouraged anyone who listened.

  "Zzzzzz..." Monokid's stomach moved up and down with his snores.

  "Geez, Monokid really drank way too much honey... how long is he gonna keep sleeping?" Monophanie sighed.

  "..." Monodam was still silent.

  "Oh! By the way, Father's time limit expires at 10 pm tomorrow night!" Monotaro reminded everyone. As if you needed it.

  "So long, Bear well!" With the unified shout, the screen turned off, leaving you to get into fresh clothes. With some adjusting of the hoodie and your hat, you pocketed your handkerchief alongside the tissues Rantaro gave you, and mentally prepared yourself for a new day chock full of stress.