Part 16: Transfer Student Forever In The Grave

Ding Dong, Dong, Ding!

In Angie's lab, a monitor flashed to life, showing the three monokubs, including a very sick looking Monophanie.

"..." Monodam was quiet, probably unsure of how to feel.

"...A-BODY-HAS-BEEN-DISCOVERED. EVERYONE, PLEASE-ASSEMBLE-AT-THE-ULTIMATE-ART-LAB." He ordered.

"...BLRGHBLRBLRGHBLRBLRGHBLRBLRGH!" Without a word, Monophanie turned and vomited a sickly green color.

"Ahhh! She puked again! And it's green this time!" Monotaro pointed out.

"Monophanie's green puke is said to be an omen of bad luck and disaster! What on earth is about to happen!?"

You didn't even want to say you could've felt the least bit sorry for Angie. Your mind wasn't clouded, wasn't hung over with pain, or fear, like Rantaro or Ryoma's fates. Your heart felt cold instead, turning away all remorse you could feel for Angie... but...

As the people around you began to discuss what to do, and who to investigate, Shuichi watched as you stepped towards Angie's body, kneeling at her side. Your body kept Angie's head and torso hidden from view as you seemed to simply study the body for a moment.

"Hey, Y/n, what do you think you're doing!?" You looked up at Keebo, who faced you with a challenging point.

"Looking at the body. We need to figure out who did it, right?" You asked.

"No, this is inexcusable! You're clearly the prime suspect here!" Tsumugi demanded.

"Me? Well... I guess so." You sighed, standing up.

"Now, go and sit outside until the files are sent out, okay? Then we will have someone to watch you!" Tenko demanded. You shot her a sidelong glance, before Korekiyo cleared his throat.

"Actually, if Y/n is to be exempt from this investigation, I may have an... alternative means to make use of him. But of course, we must wait until the kubs arrive. But, I guess, it may be best for Y/n to stand outside while they're distributed. The council does seem to be at his throat, after all." Korekiyo agreed.

  "Alright, fine. I won't help with investigating Angie. Not that I wanted to anyway." You gave a mock bow to Keebo, scoffing before turning to the door, opening it.

  "Rise and Shine, Ursine!" As soon as you closed the door, the familiar shout rang out.

What ensued was a few minutes of arguing, throw up sounds, and finally, your Monopad dinging as a new file was added.

The victim is Angie Yonaga... the Ultimate Artist.

The body was found in the Ultimate Artist's Lab. The time of death is approximately 2 in the morning. The cause of death is a stab wound to the back of the neck. The forehead also has a laceration.

"Okay, Y/n, you may enter now." After a few minutes of quiet talk, Korekiyo opened the door for you again.

"I guess this is similar to suspicion falling on Himiko, but nobody in the student council wishes to see you partake in this investigation. So, as I had to explain to them, I wish for you to help me set up a seance." Korekiyo told you.

"A seance?" You asked.

"Yes. Specifically, I want your assistance in performing the Caged Child Seance. Surely, the council would be fine with you partaking in that?" Korekiyo asked. He got silence in response.