Part 31: Good Riddance

Um... I should introduce myself, huh? My name's Leonard. I'm a middle school student from America. I'm a foster kid who's been in a happy household for many years now. Some kids make fun of me, because I have a dead mom, and sometimes, my grades don't keep up, but even when I'm in my worst times, I'm fine.

I always have something to look forward to when I come home and get to see the latest news about my hero! So, thank you, for giving me a beacon, a role model I've needed for so long...

"Kyaaaah!" Tsumugi let out a scream as several blasts simply exploded into existence around you.

"Wh-What's going on!?" Shuichi asked.

"Y/n! Himiko! Are you okay!?" Tenko yelled out as more and more blasts echoed out.

"Something blew up!" You offered your knowledge, looking around. Despite doing your best to keep it contained, blood was now dripping from your face due to the sudden attack.

"Hey, over there!" As the explosions came to a temporary halt, Maki pointed up, to the sky.

A green light barely made a humanoid form visible for a few seconds before it disappeared, and a hundred more explosions suddenly echoed out.

By the time this series of blasts was done, the sky was already filling with smoke.

  "That's..." You stopped at the revelation.

  "K-Keebo!?" Shuichi cried out.

  "Keebo! What are you doing!?" Tsumugi called to the robot.

    "You're flying! Is it magic!?" Himiko asked.

  "It's dangerous, that's what it is!" Tenko told the magician.

  "I don't know what he's planning, but it looks like he's attacking the school indiscriminately." Maki pointed out.

  "We need to hurry and stop him... we'll get caught up in this mess don't." She told everyone.

  "But how do we stop him?" Tsumugi asked, afraid.

  "We have to talk to him! We can get him to come down!" Shuichi decided.

  "It's dangerous, but... let's go to the courtyard and try to get his attention." Maki agreed.

  "Y-Yeah! You're right!" Tsumugi nodded. Confusion spiraled around the group as you all made a bolt for the courtyard. Stone slapped against your feet as you ran at your fastest, hoping to get some kind of idea of what was happening.

  "What the hell..." Arriving at the front of the school led you to a scene straight from hell, as beams rained from the sky to temporarily light up the academy and give everyone a sight of whatever new hole was burned into it.

  "Eeeeek! It's like a battlefield!" Himiko exclaimed.

   "It's okay, Himiko! Just stay near me!" Tenko assured her.

    "W-We need to get his attention! Get him to come down!" Shuichi shouted over the rapid booms.

  "Keeeeboooooo! Come here!" Tsumugi shouted into the air. A plain and simple answer.

  "Are you trying to get us killed!?" Himiko asked, startled.

  "She's just trying to get us a conversation, calm down!" You told her, eyes on the sky.

  "Please, Keebo! Come down and talk to us!" Shuichi pleaded. At his shout, Keebo finally came to a halt midair, before slowly flying down to the remaining few.

  "...here he comes." Maki warned, on edge.

  "Y-Yeah..." Shuichi nodded, watching Keebo float down until he was a few inches off the ground.