Oneirataxia

Rose's Memory Trigger Warning

Rose's Memory
Trigger Warning

"Come one Alice! Let's do something fun" I exclaim jumping up and down repeatedly on my older sister's bed.

"No Chae. It's 3 in the morning. Go to sleep, I beg you" Alice snatched the pillow I was clutching in my hand and covered her ears.

"But can we go do something, maybe scuba diving? Or we can go to Italy, their food is really good" I said my mouth already watering by the images of pasta and pizza forming in my mind.

She just rolled her eyes and turned away from me.

"Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please" I poked her with every word I said.

"Rosé get out!" Alice screamed.

"Can we atleast go to the mall tomorrow?"

She sighed. "Sure anything for you to leave me alone"

"Yay! We're going to the mall!" I repeatedly chanted as I started exiting her room.

Ok, you maybe thinking I'm high for sure. But trust me I'm not.

I'm bipolar.

That was one of my manic episodes.

I've known I was bipolar since 1 year now. Since I was 13. It's really unusual for people to get bipolar at the age of 13, which is why doctors doctors doubted I was bipolar at first.

I don't even know how people like Alice or my parents seem to tolerate me- well maybe Alice not so much- but somehow they do. It's pretty hard for me to go to school too. People never know when I'll get one of my breakdowns or how to stop it. Sometimes, I even lose touch with reality.

And sometimes I get a bunch of random thoughts like what's currently happening to me.

If we can't see air, then can fish see water? Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?

"Chaeyoung" Alice said which snapped me out of my daze.

I just hummed in response.

"It's 4. Go to bed now" she said and after that left my room.

!!!

Currently, I'm at the mall. With Alice of course. I skipped through ignoring the stares of people, as I was singing a song completely out of melody.