Addicted

Jimin's MemoryTrigger warning

Jimin's Memory
Trigger warning

"Where are we going?" I asked my friend Kai as he led me into an alleyway.

"I already told you. We are gonna hang out with Taemin and Chanyeol"

"No I asked where are we going?" I asked emphasizing on the word where.

"You'll see" he smirked as we turned to another corner and the streets looked worse than they did before.

Discarded beer bottles and cigarettes. Loads of candy and gum wrappers and soda cans.

It was a whole trashcan.

I distinctly saw the two figures Kai and I were nearing and I came to realize that they were Taemin and Chanyeol, Kai's new buddies.

It was not that I was jealous or anything, it's just that Kai and I don't hang out as much, all thanks to them. It was actually about time I meet these two. You know, to see why Kai is so interested in these two.

Alright. Pause before you make assumptions. It's not like that, we're friends. We're friends, it's none of that "kimin for life" bullshit.

We finally approach them after what seemed like a few hours of walking. Kai greets them with a handshake and then introduces me.

We make small talk until Taemin pulls out a box of cigarettes from his pocket. He passes the box to Chaneyol and he grabs one cigarette before passing it to Kai. My eyes widen when he accepts.

All of it suddenly makes sense. Carson leaving five minutes before lunch, coming to school late, wearing an excess amount of cologne, eyesbags under his eyes and sleeping during class.

He had been taking drugs behind my back. I can't believe he didn't even think to mention to to me, his bestfriend since preschool. Not 3rd grade, not 6th grade from preschool!

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of Kai calling my name. "Jimin here". He passed me the box of cigarettes and I almost panicked.

Not knowing what to do I grabbed the cigarette and Taemin lit it up for me.

My hands shook as I brought the cigarettes up to my lips and I swear, I felt sweat drip from my forehead.

Not wanting to feel like a baby I inhaled the toxic smoke and felt it fill up my lungs.

I knew my life would be changed forever when I realized it felt good. For once I didn't feel any pain or stress I usually do.

I felt happy.

!!!

"Yo, pass the joint bro" I said to Taemin who had finished taking a puff. He passed it to me and I closed my eyes and inhaled the marijuana that filled up the the rolled dollar bill.

Before returning to my house I decided to make a quick stop. I took a turn, a block away from my house as it led me into once again, another alleyway.

I saw a black figure standing at a distance as I approached him.

"You the man I was looking for?" The guy asked me.

"Yeah, you got the stuff?" I replied.

He nodded as he shoved his hands into his pocket and pulled out a bag. I did the same but instead pulled out five hundred dollars from my pocket.

We exchanged items and I muttered a thanks before running all the way home.

I tried to hide the bag and tried to look and smell decent before I entered my house.

"Jimin!" I jumped back realizing that it was my mother who said my name.
"Care to explain why five hundred dollars are missing from my band account?"

"Oh, um I bought 3 pairs of sneakers with the boys at the mall today" I said nonchalantly. The lie just slept through my tongue as smooth as butter.

"I'll just go up to my room" I mumbled before she could reply and ran up to my room and locked the door.

I unzipped the bag that man gave me, I dumped it out on beside my table. It was another bottle of pills but this time it was heroin.

Again I poured out the bottle and used my credit card to smash them into powder.

I placed some white substance on the needle I pulled out from the drawer and pulled a small amout of sterile water on the needle as well. I shool it was to mix it.

After I was done I grabbed to needle and injected the substance into my viens.

As the liquid entered my viens I felt so very relieved. So relieved that I decided to do it again.

I created another mixture this time and as I stuck it in my viens I started to feel dizzy. That's when the banging on my door started.

Without thinking, I threw everything off my table in one sweep and walked over to my door.

But just as I unlocked it everything faded into darkness.