3

__________________________

Sakura knew Sasuke. In fact, the only person who could rival Naruto's knowledge on the dark-haired boy was Sakura. She could easily decipher his emotions, and saw it as a bit of a talent. However, despite knowing that something was clearly bothering him, neither her nor Naruto could figure out what exactly was going on with their friend.

It worried them both. They were so used to being able to figure out Sasuke's problems and helping him, that not being able to felt like an unscratchable itch.

"He seemed really interested in Hanahaki." Sakura mentioned, receiving a nod from her blonde friend.

"Yeah, but that doesn't help much." Naruto
stated, however his voice wavered slightly.

"Well maybe it has something to do with it?" Sakura pondered. "Ah! just an unrequited crush maybe?"

Naruto stilled, clearly aware of something that Sakura was not briefed on. "N-no... we both know Sasuke's never really liked someone before.."

If Sakura noticed Naruto's stutter, she didn't mention it.

"Maybe he's super sick? remember how badly he was coughing a few weeks ago?" Naruto questioned.

Sakura's eyes slightly widened with worry, Naruto had a point. "I hope not! let's not assume the worst though, maybe it's just a cough."

The thought lingered on her mind, long after her and Naruto's conversation. If Sasuke was simply sick, why couldn't he say anything to them about it? She knew there was more to it. Her walk home felt longer than usual, knowing that Sasuke's fits of coughing were much too similar for it to be anything other than what she thought it was.

Naruto, on the other hand, decided to stop by Sasuke's house after school. Itachi welcomed the boy in, pointing him upstairs towards Sasuke's room. Naruto slowly climbed the stairs, before walking down the hallway leading toward his friend's room.

Walking in, Naruto could clearly make out the sound of coughing coming from Sasuke's bathroom. The blonde crept up to the door, curiosity getting the best of him. Placing his hand on the door knob, Naruto steadily opened the door. The sight that greeted him shocked the boy into silence, however he quickly regained his composure for the sake of his friend.

"Sasuke...?"

__________________________