6

__________________________

Sakura cried, clinging to Naruto's shirt as the blue flower petals stared back at them.

Sakura had always loved Sasuke.

Unrequited love, however, was an enemy she was not strong enough to face just yet.

The two middle schoolers were surrounded by Sakura's parents and her aunt, who was on the phone with Shizune. The small bathroom was clearly overcrowded, but no one seemed to care at the moment.

"Push it back, Sakura comes first." Her aunt stated.

The pain in Sakura's chest felt unbearable, worse than anything else she'd felt these past three months. Naruto could only watch his friend cough her life away in his arms, squeezing her tighter to his chest as if trying to take some of her pain away from her.

Sakura's parents walking in on this scene was not what was meant to happen, but if it hadn't happened then the pink-haired girl would have surely suffocated long before reaching her final year of high school.

Naruto held Sakura's hand, attempting to keep up with her as she was being rolled into surgery. Tears streamed down his face, fear gripping his heart as every bad scenario that could possibly happen played through his head.

Sakura squeezed her friend's hand, acting uncharacteristically calm. "It'll be okay, Naruto."

Naruto eventually had to let go of her hand, watching as she disappeared through the double doors leading to a restricted area. He felt his mother's hand rub his shoulder, trying to comfort him. Turning his head, he saw Sakura's parents also in tears.

One thing for sure, was that Sasuke could never know of this. The guilt would eat him alive.

Sakura could no longer love Sasuke, even if she wanted to.

The stitches on her chest stared back at her from the mirror, the soon to be scar being a permanent reminder of what she had been through.

Sakura closed her eyes, thinking of her dark-haired friend. The butterflies in her stomach that had never failed to make an appearance when she thought of him, were no where to be found.

__________________________