7

__________________________

Sasuke did not show up to school today.

Naruto and Sakura chose not to stay at school once they realized.

The trip to their friend's house was quick, both teenagers choosing to sprint their way to his house. Upon arriving, the two were let in by Sasuke's mother.

"He can barely get out of bed, it's like he has no energy." Mikoto told the two, worry lacing her soft voice. "He wouldn't even let me in to his room a few moments ago; he's never raised his voice at me like that.."

Naruto and Sakura made their way upstairs, making a beeline towards their friend's room. Opening the door, they were met with the sight of their friend surrounded by petals. The poor boy lay weakly against his bed frame; it looked as if he barely had the energy to get the petals out of his mouth.

Even Sakura hadn't gotten this bad, and she could only imagine the pain he was feeling.

"I'm getting his mom." Naruto said immediately, turning on his heel.

Sakura walked towards Sasuke, sitting next to him on his bed.

"You'll be okay, Sasuke." She said, placing his hand in hers. With her other hand, she brought out her phone.

For the thousandth time that week, Sakura dialled tsunade's number.

"Hello?" Sakura felt the largest wave of relief wash over her at the sound of Shizune's voice.

"You're back! Please, I need to speak to my aunt, actually even you would be fine cause I know you'll help," Sakura rambled.

It seemed things were only ever able to happen at the last second for Sasuke and her.

"Sasuke's been coughing up flower petals, please Shizune, how soon can you get him booked?" Sakura asked, her tone sounding desperate.

Sasuke had slowly turned his head to Sakura, and all he could think about was how he wanted to wrap her in his arms and close his eyes.

Three families waited impatiently at the hospital, tense silence filling the room they were in.

Naruto stared blankly at the wall, his leg moving up and down uncontrollably. He couldn't sit still. His mother had been rubbing comforting circles on his back, knowing how terrible her son must be feeling right now.

Sakura had been clutching the fabric of her shirt, right above her chest. She only had one thought going through her mind-

Fate was so cruel.

"Is the family of Uchiha Sasuke here?" Almost every head in the room turned towards the owner of the voice.

__________________________