4

__________________________

"Sasuke...?"

Said boy jumped, yet coughs continued to rack his body. He was leaning over his sink, allowing Naruto to have a clear view of the pink flower petals falling from his friend's mouth. To say the blonde couldn't believe his eyes was an understatement, the teenager began to think he was hallucinating.

After a few more minutes, Sasuke's coughing ceased. A heavy silence surrounded the two boys, both not knowing what to say. Sasuke sighed, knowing he'd have to explain himself. He opened his mouth, but his best friend began to speak first.

"How long has this been going on?" Naruto asked, his voice oddly calm.

"Only a month..." Sasuke mumbled. the dark-haired boy knew more than anyone, however, that he only had two more months maximum to figure himself out.

"A month?! Sasuke if those stories are true then you're in so much trouble!" Naruto nearly shouted, but chose to keep his voice quiet in order to avoid alerting sasuke's family.

"I know, but what else can I do?!" Sasuke replied, clearly frustrated with the situation. "Sakura will probably never return my feelings, but I also can't tell a doctor I need surgery for this disease that supposedly doesn't exist!"

"Yeah, but we can always ask Sakura's au-"

"Tsunade is a well-established doctor, Naruto. She can't simply push her other surgeries aside for someone she barely knows. She probably won't even believe me."

Tsunade Senju, Sakura's aunt whom the boys had only met once before. The boys and Sakura were in middle school, and the woman had a clear disliking for the Uchiha.

Naruto couldn't find it in his heart to tell Sasuke that she could, that she would, and that she already has.

Naruto himself didn't expect anyone else to go through this. According to Tsunade, the disease was so rare that it was labelled fiction by most scientific studies. Memories flashed by in his mind, one of Sakura holding his hand and telling him it'll all be alright, being one that stood out the most.

"I'll get you Tsunade's office's number. Please, just try." Naruto pleaded.

Sasuke sighed, nodding his head. It's not like he had much to lose.

The two then pushed the matter aside, in favour of playing a few games on Sasuke's game console. Despite their bickering as they played, the heavy weight on both their shoulders still lingered.

"Do you think I could make Sakura love me?" Sasuke asked abruptly.

Naruto paused, not looking over at his friend. after thinking for a bit, the blonde sighed. "It'll be hard, but you could try."

Sasuke nodded, and Naruto frowned.

__________________________