oh, sunshine | lee felix

tw // death

Oh Sunshine,
Remember the days? We went on picnics on sunny days, baked brownies and cuddled on rainy ones.

Oh Sunshine,
With R&B playing in the background, I was on your lap, counting your freckles while you played with my hair.

Oh Sunshine,
Like a stereotypical romance movie scene, and the gentleman you are, you held an umbrella on my head on a rainy day. My heart, pounding endlessly. My eyes, lost in yours, like they held the galaxy in them. The day we first met. February 5, 2017.

Oh Sunshine,
Your hand in mine, we walk the streets of Seoul. That huge white teddy bear caught my eye. You noticed, and got it for me. It still lies in my bedroom til this day.

Oh Sunshine,
The texts you sent me at 3am, us having a deep or random convo, and me giggling silently in my bedroom.

Oh Sunshine,
I wake up, rays of sunshine peeking through our translucent curtains, I see your peaceful state in a deep slumber. You were beautiful.

Oh Sunshine,
Us in the studio, and your gorgeous voice filling the silence. You hated it, but continued, because I loved it. It reminded me of honey.

Oh Sunshine,
Your bright smile, a smile that could light up a whole room, you showed me every day. A smile, that made my whole week.

Oh Sunshine.
Why didn't you tell me.
Why didn't you tell me,

that you were suffering.

Suffering mentally.

Having a battle with yourself every day.

I wished I had known. I wished to God I had known.

That day....

Cluelessly, I entered our shared apartment after work yelling, "Honey, I'm home!", only to enter our bedroom to witness you,

you......

hanging by your neck from the ceiling.

At that moment, I broke.

I fell to my knees, looking up at your soulless state with glistening eyes, I struggle to stutter out your name, having no breath. I looked beneath your figure to see a crumpled up and messy note saying,

"I'm sorry."

Oh Sunshine,

why did you have to leave me?

February 5, 2021.

the day the sun had set.